Parfait Amour is a purple colored, violet, rose and citrus flavored liqueur. Some producers add almonds, vanilla, or other spices to their version of Parfait Amour. Parfait Amour is fairly sweet, with many versions at 50 proof. It smells and tastes somewhat of purple jellybeans, though there is a lot of variation in flavor due to the different recipes.
The House of Bols claims to have invented Parfait Amour, but others now produce their version. Among those are deKuyper, Marie Brizard, Pages, and Joseph Cartron.
Because of the additional flavors other than violet in Parfait Amour, it is not well substituted for crème de violette in cocktails.
Some popular cocktails containing Parfait Amour
- Hikihoho — Martinique Rum, Parfait Amour, Coconut liqueur, Triple sec, Blanco tequila, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Orgeat, Vanilla extract
- Jupiter Cocktail — Gin, Dry vermouth, Parfait Amour, Orange juice
- Safira Stone — Dry white wine, Parfait Amour, Vodka, Cherry
- Duneden — Irish whiskey, Sweet vermouth, Parfait Amour, Absinthe, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- Trilby Cocktail #2 — Scotch, Parfait Amour, Sweet vermouth, Absinthe, Orange bitters, Orange peel