Orange Curaçao is a type of orange liqueur made on the Caribbean island of Curaçao. Using the word orange to modify Curaçao isn't really necessary if it refers to the clear liqueur, as all Curaçao is made from oranges.
Curaçao can be artificially colored in various shades, including orange, though the aroma and flavor is the same as the clear version.
Many producers make a version of orange Curaçao, but the Senior brand is still made on the island itself.
Some popular cocktails containing Orange Curaçao
- The Magnolia Tree — Gin, Orange Curaçao, Campari, Herbal liqueur, Lemon juice
- Saffron and Bitter Orange Martini — Orange Curaçao, Bianco Vermouth, Orange bitters, Water
- Star Daisy — Orange Curaçao, Applejack, Gin, Lemon juice
- Mother-In-Law — Bourbon, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange Curaçao, Bitters, Torani Amer, Peychaud's Bitters, Simple syrup
- Corpse Reviver variation #8 — Bourbon, Aromatized wine, Orange Curaçao, Lemon juice, Lemon peel