Orange Curaçao is a type of orange liqueur made on the Caribbean island of Curaçao. Using the word orange to modify Curaçao isn't really necessary if it refers to the clear liqueur, as all Curaçao is made from oranges.
Curaçao can be artificially colored in various shades, including orange, though the aroma and flavor is the same as the clear version.
Many producers make a version of orange Curaçao, but the Senior brand is still made on the island itself.
Some popular cocktails containing Orange Curaçao
- The Magnolia Tree — Gin, Orange Curaçao, Campari, Herbal liqueur, Lemon juice
- Star Daisy — Orange Curaçao, Applejack, Gin, Lemon juice
- The Irons — Rye, Orange Curaçao, Aperol, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- Ellen Sagun — Gin, Orange Curaçao, Bénédictine, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Mother-In-Law — Bourbon, Maraschino Liqueur, Orange Curaçao, Bitters, Torani Amer, Peychaud's Bitters, Simple syrup