Maurina Quina is a digestif amaro made near Lyon, France. Only recently reintroduced, Maurin Quina was invented in 1884 by Auguste Maurin. Maurin Quina has a base of sweet white wine and cherry brandy, with wild cherries, almonds, lemon, and cinchona bark. It is pale red in color and 32 proof.
Some popular cocktails containing Maurin Quina
- Coasta de Morte — Maurin Quina, Aromatized wine, Blended Scotch, Orange bitters
- Zwei — Genever, Maurin Quina, Kummel, Salers Gentiane, Lemon juice
- Bend Sinister — Islay Scotch, Maurin Quina, Kirschwasser, Bitters, Absinthe, Cherry, Lemon peel
- It Only Hurts the First Time — Gran Classico, Maurin Quina, Cynar, PInk grapefruit juice
- Tompkins Square — Maurin Quina, Kirschwasser, Rye, Bénédictine, Bitters, Peychaud's Bitters, Allspice Dram, Cherry