Mandarine Napoleon is a brand of orange liqueur invented in 1892 and based on an 18th century recipe from Antoine-François de Fourcroy, who was doctor to Napoleon. It is made from the peels of Mandarin oranges from Sicily, Andalusia and Corsica that are soaked in Cognac then lightly sweetened and spiced. It is aged for three years, and has 76 proof.
Some popular cocktails containing Mandarine Napoleon
- Lobby Cocktail — Gin, Mandarin orange liqueur, Galliano, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- Scottish Hill — Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Orange liqueur, Aromatized wine, Orange bitters
- Capone's Island — Rye, Aromatized wine, Bénédictine, Orange liqueur, Bitters
- Hope Cocktail — Bourbon, Amaro Montenegro, Cognac, Mandarin orange liqueur, Orange bitters
- Vice President — Cuban rum, Mandarin orange liqueur, Campari