Kirschwasser is an eau-de-vie of whole cherries (fruit and pit). It has a complex slightly bitter flavor and a strong alcohol nose. It Germany, it is traditionally drunk neat from tiny glasses after dinner.
Some popular cocktails containing Kirschwasser
- Bask — Campari, Kirschwasser, Orange juice
- Nicole Bettinger — Gin, Bianco Vermouth, Drambuie, Kirschwasser
- Bend Sinister — Islay Scotch, Maurin Quina, Kirschwasser, Bitters, Absinthe, Cherry, Lemon peel
- Cherry Herring No. 2 — Kirschwasser, Sweet vermouth, Prosecco, Pear liqueur, Bitters
- Rendezvous Revisited — Gin, Campari, Kirschwasser, Lemon juice, Lemon peel