Kirschwasser is an eau-de-vie of whole cherries (fruit and pit). It has a complex slightly bitter flavor and a strong alcohol nose. It Germany, it is traditionally drunk neat from tiny glasses after dinner.
Some popular cocktails containing Kirschwasser
- Nicole Bettinger — Gin, Bianco Vermouth, Drambuie, Kirschwasser
- Bask — Campari, Kirschwasser, Orange juice
- K.C.B. — Gin, Apricot liqueur, Kirschwasser, Orange bitters, Lemon
- Potomac — Kirschwasser, Campari, Zwack liqueur, Lemon bitters, Lemon juice
- Ernst Happel — Gin, Strega, Kirschwasser, Apricot liqueur, Orange bitters, Lemon juice