Honey Ginger syrup is a type of simple syrup with honey as the sweetener and infused with ginger. To make honey ginger syrup add half a cup of honey to a container with half a cup of boiling water and stir until consistent. Add about 1oz. of freshly peeled ginger and leave to cool for a few hours. Strain the syrup into a bottle and either use quickly or preserve with a bit of vodka.
Some popular cocktails containing Honey Ginger Syrup
- Milkshake 'n Honey — Oloroso sherry, Scotch, Apple brandy, Bitters, Ice cream, Honey Ginger Syrup, Lemon juice
- Aul Man — Irish whiskey, Bitter Truth EXR, Lime juice, Honey Ginger Syrup, Lime peel, Candied ginger
- Isaiah Rynders — Irish whiskey, Cardamaro, Bitters, Vanilla Soda water, Honey Ginger Syrup, Lime juice, Tamarind chutney, Nutmeg
- Billy Bones — Spiced Rum, Scotch, Honey Ginger Syrup, Lemon juice, Rosemary
- Country Doctor — Demerara Rum, Calvados, Bitters, Honey Ginger Syrup, Lemon juice