Grapefruit peel is the peel of the grapefruit. Grapefruit peel is high in citral and limonene, and has the aroma and flavor of grapefruit without the acidity present in grapefruit juice.
Like all citrus peels, grapefruit peel can be zested over the top of a cocktail, or muddled to release essential oils that are more powerful than simply using the juice.
Some popular cocktails containing Grapefruit peel
- Means of Preservation — Gin, Dry vermouth, Elderflower liqueur, Celery bitters, Grapefruit peel
- Malicious Mischief — Rye, Gran Classico, Bitters, Rose vermouth, Grapefruit peel
- Siete Cocktail — Tequila, Salers Gentiane, Cappelletti Aperitivo, Grapefruit peel
- El Corazon — Reposado Tequila, Sweet vermouth, Aperol, Cherry Bitters, Cherry, Grapefruit peel
- Franco-American 60 — India Pale Ale, Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Lemon juice, Grapefruit peel