Giffard is a producer of liqueurs, eau de vie, and non-alcoholic syrups based outside of Avrillé, France. Founded in 1885 by Emile Giffard, who converted his pharmacy into a distillery and began making a mint liqueur called Menthe Pastille. Today, the Giffard company is in its fourth generation of family ownership.
Today, Giffard makes dozens of products, ranging from violet to chile to apricot liqueurs, fruit flavored syrups, and brandies made from prunes, cherries, or pears.
Some popular cocktails containing Giffard
- Pimm's Plantation — Pimm's No. 1 Cup, Crème de Banane, Grapefruit soda, Lime juice, Pineapple syrup
- Years Of Worry — Bourbon, Crème de Banane, Aromatized wine, Bitters
- Aloha Screwdriver Redux — Light rum, Crème de Banane, Demerara Rum, Allspice Dram, Campari, Guava juice, Pineapple juice
- Mister Buttle — Light rum, Manzanilla sherry, Crème de Banane, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- Banana Daiquiri No. 2 — Jamaican rum, Crème de Banane, Scotch, Lime juice, Simple syrup