Framboise is an eau de vie, a clear, unaged fruit brandy made from raspberries. Framboise is one of the most expensive fruit brandies, as it takes around 80 pounds of raspberries to make a liter of brandy.
Framboise is the French word for raspberry. Among German or Austrian producers of fruit brandies, you might see them labelled as Himbeergeist (literally raspberry spirit). If you're lucky, you might find Waldhimbeeregeist, made from wild raspberries.
Trimbach and Massenez are two quality producers of Framboise.
Framboise the spirit should not be confused with the Belgian lambic beer or the fortified dessert wine from Pacific Rim of the same name.
Some popular cocktails containing Framboise
- Little Feat — Gin, Framboise, Lemon soda
- The Sunset Tree — Gin, Aromatized wine, Campari, Framboise, Peychaud's Bitters, Strawberry, Orange peel
- Staten Island Ferry — Gin, Framboise, Aperol, Sparkling rosé wine, Cherry Liqueur, Lime juice, Grenadine
- Susie Drake — Gin, Triple sec, Framboise, Rhubarb Soda water, Lemon juice, Vanilla syrup
- London Briar — Gin, Framboise, Maraschino Liqueur, Herbal liqueur, Lime juice