Fine sugar is simply sugar with a very small crystal size, which helps it dissolve in cold drinks quickly. Fine sugar should not be confused with powdered or confectioner's sugar, which contains cornstarch.
Fine sugar can be homemade easily by putting sugar in a spice grinder and pulsing 15-20 times.
Some popular cocktails containing Fine sugar
- Champs Elysées — Brandy, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Lemon juice, Fine sugar
- El Floridita Daquiri var. 2 — Rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Fine sugar
- Boris Karloff — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Club soda, Egg white, Lime juice, Fine sugar
- Zim Zala Bim — Reposado Tequila, Orange bitters, Elderflower liqueur, Fine sugar
- Imperial Cossack Crusta — Champagne, Cognac, Kummel, Orange bitters, Lime, Fine sugar