Crushed ice is a form of ice cubes that have been pulverized, usually with a wooden muddler or other heavy, blunt instrument. Crushed ice is a great way to keep cocktails cold, at the expense of diluting them quickly.
Some popular cocktails containing Crushed ice
- The Cableknit — Demerara Rum, Calvados, Licor 43, Coffee liqueur, Jamaican rum, Crushed ice, Grapefruit juice
- Hart of Darkness — Demerara Rum, Crushed ice, Honey syrup, Passion fruit syrup, Lime juice, Soda water, Lemon juice
- Gin Genie — Gin, Sloe gin, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Mint, Crushed ice
- The Caribbean — Jamaican rum, Puerto Rican Rum, Bitters, Pastis, Crushed ice, Cola, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Ginger syrup
- Jet Set — Gin, Pear eau de vie, Crushed ice, Coconut syrup, Lime juice, Guava jelly