Cherry liqueur is a liqueur flavored with or made from cherries, usually in a neutral spirit base. They are usually between 40 and 60 proof. Cherry Heering is a well known brand of cherry liqueur. Cherry liqueur should not be confused with cherry brandy or Kirschwasser, which is dry, clear, and between 80 and 100 proof.
Some popular cocktails containing Cherry Liqueur
- Calico Jack (The Independent) — Becherovka, Indian Rum, Cherry Liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Orange peel
- Riddles in the Dark — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Pedro Ximénez Sherry, Bitters, Cherry Liqueur, Amaro Nardini, Lemon peel
- Gilroy Cocktail (Rum variation) — Cherry Liqueur, Rum, Dry vermouth, Orange bitters, Lemon juice
- Silver & Sand — Cherry Liqueur, Scotch, Aromatized wine, Grapefruit bitters, Egg white, Lemon juice
- To Hell with Spain — Cynar, Rye, Absinthe, Cherry Liqueur, Bitters, Lemon juice