Cane syrup is a sweet syrup made from cooked down sugar cane juice. Cane syrup can range in color and flavor from pale and flowery, but neutral all the way to dark brown, thick, and intensely molasses tasting.
Darker cane syrup's intense flavors can skew cocktails, so they are less useful than the lighter versions.
Some popular cocktails containing Cane syrup
- Macondo — Nicaraguan Rum, Dry apricot brandy, Crème de Banane, Cane syrup, Pineapple juice, Lime juice
- Albuquerque Old Fashioned — Rye, Bitters, Hellfire Habanero Shrub, Cane syrup
- Pirate Slave — Rhum Agricole, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Orange bitters, Cane syrup
- Espadin Queen — Elderflower liqueur, Absinthe, Del Maguey Vida Mezcal, Don's Mix, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice, Cane syrup
- Ti Punch — Rhum Agricole, Cane syrup, Lime