Blume Marillen (literally Apricot Blossom) is a brand of apricot eau de vie - a clear brandy made from apricots made by Distillery Purkhart in Austria. They use only the Wachau variety called Klosterneuberg (after the castle), and it takes four and a half pounds of fruit to make each bottle of distillate. Apricot eau de vie is very closely associated with Austria, and there are many small producers.
Blume Marillen is crystal clear, and has a strong aroma of ripe apricots with backing notes of marzipan and sweet hay. It has a pleasantly oily texture, and a strong flavor profile of apricot. It is bottled at 80 proof.
Blume Marillen is imported by Haus Alpenz.
Some popular cocktails containing Blume Marillen
- Macondo — Nicaraguan Rum, Dry apricot brandy, Crème de Banane, Cane syrup, Pineapple juice, Lime juice
- Altazor — Pisco, Elderflower liqueur, Dry apricot brandy, Lemon juice, Pineapple syrup
- In Blume — Dry apricot brandy, Bianco Vermouth, Egg white, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Salt
- Pendennis Sour — Gin, Dry apricot brandy, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Egg white, Orange flower water
- Taki-Taki — Blended rum, Batavia Arrack, Crème de Banane, Virgin Islands Rum, Apricot liqueur, Dry apricot brandy, Crushed ice, Lime juice, Honey syrup, Mango