Blanco tequila is the last step in the distillation process of tequila. Blanco, sometimes known as Plata (or Silver), is clear, reduced with water after distillation to between 70 and 110 proof, and tastes strongly of the plant from which it's made, with accents of tropical fruit, salt, and an herbal quality.
Blanco tequila is the basis for all the other types of tequila. By Mexican law, blanco tequila must spend less than two months in stainless steel or neutral oak barrels.
Some popular cocktails containing Blanco tequila
- Jalisco Pear — Pear liqueur, Blanco tequila, Allspice Dram, Lemon juice, Pear
- Clock Water and Smoke — Blanco tequila, Gran Classico, Crème Yvette, Mezcal, Blackberry, Lime juice, Hellfire Habanero Shrub, Agave syrup
- Vaya Con Dios — Blanco tequila, Herbal liqueur, Bianco Vermouth, Falernum, Allspice Dram, Lime juice
- Demon of Destiny — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Absinthe, Blanco tequila, Agave syrup
- Tomato Kiss — Blanco tequila, Triple sec, Cherry tomato, Lime juice, Green chile, Cilantro