Blanco tequila is the last step in the distillation process of tequila. Blanco, sometimes known as Plata (or Silver), is clear, reduced with water after distillation to between 70 and 110 proof, and tastes strongly of the plant from which it's made, with accents of tropical fruit, salt, and an herbal quality.
Blanco tequila is the basis for all the other types of tequila. By Mexican law, blanco tequila must spend less than two months in stainless steel or neutral oak barrels.
Some popular cocktails containing Blanco tequila
- Los Altos Negros — Blanco tequila, Aperol, Zucca, Amaro Abano, Lime juice
- Chutes and Ladders — Blanco tequila, Aromatized wine, Swedish Punsch, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Orange peel
- Existential Hero — Becherovka, Blanco tequila, Orange liqueur, Light rum, Amaretto, Lime juice
- The Mexican Hoskins Cocktail — Blanco tequila, Maraschino Liqueur, Triple sec, Ramazzotti, Orange bitters, Orange peel
- Victor Victoria — Blanco tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters, Lime juice