• Gilroy Cocktail (Rum variation)   3 years 24 weeks ago

Sub'd left over rye/cherry juice / spices liquid used for making cocktail cherries for the Cherry Heering. Too strongly spiced. Added 1 oz of Zucca. Yummy.

• The Riviera   3 years 24 weeks ago

Fresh pineapple on hand. Time for another batch of pineapple-infused Gin + Campari + Maraschino. I just recently discovered that the authentic recipe uses simple syrup and an egg white. This sounds too sweet to me, as I usually omit both and use 2-1/2 oz of the mixture. I also swap the Maraschino and Campari for a more bitter drink.

• Pendennis Cocktail   3 years 24 weeks ago

Dan, frankly I'm glad you incorporated the Campari - as you know I have a bitter bell that loves to be rung, even better when it's bitter with fruits. It's a good thing that this is a gin cocktail, the botanicals with lime keep the drink in these specs from being cloying in any way. Next time I might add a touch more R&W!

• Pendennis Cocktail   3 years 24 weeks ago

Rob, I fear that the recipe when you made this was tinkered by me. The original from Vintage Spirits and Forgotten Cocktails is 2 gin, 1 apricot or peach brandy, 2-3 dashes Peychaud's, and 3/4oz lime juice. The Campari addition was mine and I have no idea why the lime was halved.

• Pendennis Cocktail   3 years 24 weeks ago

Made this tonight, with Rothman & Winter apricot liqueur, 1/2 oz of lime juice and a double dose of cranberry bitters (because I'm out of Peychaud right now). Tasted balanced to me, not too sweet at all, and I think using the R&W and upping the lime juice helped. As the French say, Chacun à son gout (Each to his own gout, heh). Girlie drink? Nah!

• Nomayo   3 years 25 weeks ago

Sounds tasty. I improved the reference and made the float, garnish, and instructions match the St Germain website's recipe a bit closer.

• Daisy If You Do   3 years 25 weeks ago

Subbed out a few things - got good results: used B&B rather than Benedictine and Agave. Swapped the Whiskey Bitters for Grapefruit bitters, and used Averna as the amaro of choice. Sipping delight.

• Nomayo   3 years 25 weeks ago

Nice balance. Use Hendricks for a less ginny taste. And a sweeter sparkling wine.

• Thanksgiving Apéro   3 years 25 weeks ago

Lillet asked for a photo, so I obliged.

• Son of a Preacher Man   3 years 25 weeks ago

The Pernod rinse might overpower the nose a bit on this one, but over nice balance and good flavor.

• 17th Century Cocktail   3 years 25 weeks ago

So weirdly enough, this works. It definitely gets enough orange into the drink, and the Manzanilla + Arrack give almost a smoky, Mezcal accord. This is definitely dry, but interesting.

• Thanksgiving Apéro   3 years 25 weeks ago

Dan, thanks for the nice picture! As for the prosecco in the shot the Mionetto secco was a great call, just what I used last Thanksgiving!

• Diamondback (Green)   3 years 26 weeks ago

I merged the Green Rose posted by Kenny into this recipe. The only difference is that Kenny's Green Rose calls for 1/2 oz of Green Chartreuse, rather than 3/4 oz. If this difference is meaningful to you, you might note it in the comments section of your Cocktail Book entry. It's my hope that keeping the recipes in Kindred Cocktail distinct helps you find good recipes that are interesting to you.

• Twentieth Century Cocktail (Meletti)   3 years 26 weeks ago

Nice drink. I have a suggestion for the variation's name: "Venti Secolo" ('Twentieth Century' in Italian and it sounds cool).

• Left Hand   3 years 26 weeks ago

Thanks, Campus Five. I've correct the recipe using the source you cited.

• Left Hand   3 years 26 weeks ago

The recipe as currently listed is not the original, but rather an accidental variation by Damian Windsor (currently at Roger Room, Los Angeles) that I have posted on eGullet repeatedly.

The original is by Sam Ross (Milk and Honey, Little Branch, etc.).

1.5 oz Bourbon (Elijah Craig)
    .75 oz Campari
    .75 oz Carpano Antica
    2 dashes Mole Bitters

Stir, strain, up, cherry.

This recipe was originally found on the Bitterman's website, but it's been removed.
    It can be found in this book: http://books.google.com/books?id=hKgGjgbfhaUC&pg=PA76&lpg=PA76&dq=%22lef...
    However, it lists Bitterman's Sweet Chocolate Bitters, instead of the Mole Bitters.

• Mexican Firing Squad   3 years 27 weeks ago

Corrected bitters -- recipe calls for regular Angostura, not Angostura Orange. Added city and estimated date.

• Boulevardier Riff (Fred Sarkis)   3 years 27 weeks ago

This drink sounds delicious!

• Derby   3 years 28 weeks ago

I think this one comes out pretty good, but I would cut back a little on the lime juice, or add a dash or two of simple syrup.

• The Warning Label   3 years 28 weeks ago

This drink is insanely wonderful if you modify it by replacing the overproof rum with 3/4 ounce smith & cross and 3/4 ounce Lemon Hart 151.

• Existential Hero   3 years 28 weeks ago

What a delicious drink! The creator should win a prize or something. (Full disclosure: I'm the creator. The name, however, is Dan's.)

• Singapore Sling   3 years 28 weeks ago

Made this tonight, subbing Maurin Quina for the Cherry Heering. This is quite pleasant, and Tiki-ish. Pineapple's always good for texture, and there's something interesting going on between the pineapple and the Benedictine (which makes three winners in my book - pineapple + Cynar, or Benedictine or green Chartreuse). It's a bit sweetish, and quite easy to drink.

• Linden Square   3 years 29 weeks ago

Recipe updated based upon response from creator. Name and recipe changed.

• Root of All Evil   3 years 29 weeks ago

I love this drink! This is the drink that made me fall in love with Fernet. The first time I made it, I halved the fernet because it was just too strong of a flavor for me. In fact it was polarizing. I hated it, but wanted to love it. Now, Fernet is one of my favorite amaros to mix. Fernet will grow on you if you give it a chance. Really great drink!

• Leopold Meeks   3 years 29 weeks ago