• Reply to: Butter, Lemon, Smoke   by   5 months 2 weeks ago

Used Sheep Dip Islay in place of Peat Monster. 5 star.

• Reply to: Improved Whiskey Cocktail   by   5 months 2 weeks ago

Absinthe can be used as rinse - in Sazerac fashion.

• Reply to: Vessel 75   by   5 months 2 weeks ago

Curated this. Removed picture to avoid copyright. Moved foam recipe to the notes, clarified instructions. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Mexican Cloud   by   5 months 2 weeks ago

Curated this: Removed picture to avoid copyright issues. Removed foam recipe to the notes section, moved creator and source citation to their proper locations. Added date. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: La Bateleur   by   5 months 3 weeks ago

Subbed with Carpano Antica. Wow, what a drink!!

• Reply to: The Graduate   by   5 months 3 weeks ago

Used Cocchi Americano for the sweet vermouth. The resulting cocktail was light, but tasty due to the Americano.

• Reply to: Lake County Remembered   by   5 months 3 weeks ago

Curated from Pear liqueur (which would be sweetened) to Pear eau de vie, which is unaged clear distilled unsweetened fermented pear juice. That's what is pictured in the photo. Unfortunately, pear "brandy" is ambiguous these days because it is often used to describe pear liqueur -- and usually of awful quality. It's best to avoid the confusion and not call it brandy.

• Reply to: Bali Bali   by   5 months 3 weeks ago

Curated this: Corrected creator information, source citation and year. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Jupiter's Acorn   by   5 months 3 weeks ago

Curated slightly from 1 oz egg to 1 egg as per the reference.

• Reply to: Scorched Earth   by   5 months 3 weeks ago

The Straight Up has an utterly different recipe for a Scorched Earth: 1 oz each Mezcal, Campari, and Cynar with a dash each of maple bitters and Regan's orange bitters.

• Reply to: The Treasury Banana Daiquiri   by   5 months 3 weeks ago

Curated this slightly - rewrote instructions to avoid copyright. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Lost World   by   5 months 4 weeks ago

I had no Green Chartreuse and made this with Benedictine instead. It was delicious.

• Reply to: The Commodore   by   5 months 4 weeks ago

Is this strained? Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: White Negroni   by   6 months 1 day ago

<p>
    Goodness! For a drink with only three ingredients, this cocktail has generated a lot of comments. Well, let me add one more. I used 2 oz of a topshelf gin, 1 oz of Cocchi Americano, and 1 oz of Salers. Based on earlier comments, I had a hunch the resulting drink would be on the sweet side, which it was. So I did one simple thing that I did not see mentioned in any of the comments, but which I thought would take away some of the excess sweetness: I used a good-sized lemon twist. Sure enough, the expressed lemon juice from the twist did the trick. So, my suggestion is, regardless of how much you put in of whatever it is, finish up with a good-sized lemon twist. You'll be surprised at the positive difference it'll make in the drink.</p>

• Reply to: Ephemeral   by   6 months 2 days ago

Do 1/2 of the Elderflower

• Reply to: Outside   by   6 months 4 days ago

Splash of bubbly on top...

• Reply to: Saturday Night   by   6 months 4 days ago

I agree with the first comment, in that this drink is not outstanding. However, I used Luxardo, not Amaro Abano, so I don't know how hers/his version compared to mine. However,  I was satisfied with Luxardo, so I will make this drink occasionally in the future.

Yes, this drink doesn't compare with a Negroni, but then, only a handful of drinks do. In short, I don't think this drink was intended to compete with a Negroni. I suspect it was developed simply as a drink to enjoy on its own.

• Reply to: Mutiny Suppressor   by   6 months 5 days ago

Subbed averna for nardini as I don't have it. Interesting but a little too sweet for me. Like an Italian candy bar.

• Reply to: Dulce de Leche   by   6 months 6 days ago

Made with reposado for lack of anejo. Still very good. Love the texture, softness and the lingering tequila taste.

• Reply to: Fixer Upper   by   6 months 6 days ago

I like the complexity and the bitterness but couldn't get past a few sips - the drink is too boozy (or too boozy for me). Perhaps, I would cut the gin, china-china, and absinthe portions in half.

• Reply to: Amaro di Cocco   by   6 months 1 week ago

Upgraded to 5 stars. I've been making this drink for wife and friends while in Hawaii, and it's a hit. Very tasty.

• Reply to: Las Meninas   by   6 months 1 week ago

It's running out??

• Reply to: Casino   by   6 months 1 week ago

Apparently the Savoy calls for Old Tom Gin,  with 1/4 oz lemon juice and 1/4 oz Maraschino and orange bitters.  Anyways that combination makes a fantastic drink!

• Reply to: Presbyterian's Revenge   by   6 months 1 week ago

Curated this: Added source citation and creator information. Brought drink in line with the cited link - 1.5 oz Black Grouse instead of 2, no orange bitters), added grapefruit twist as garnish. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Negroni   by   6 months 1 week ago

I've been enjoying this Negroni variant. Equal parts:

Gin

Kina L'Avion D'Or

Byrrh

Lemon twist.

Rocks or stirred and strained.