• Slapping Incident   24 weeks 3 days ago

Is this meant to go into a 10 ounce Collins glass? If so, can we call a "splash" of tonic about 2 ounces?

Zachary

• Halcyon   24 weeks 3 days ago

Curated this: removed "Herb liqueur" as a brand of Cynar. Changed Nocelli to Walnut liqueur as the ingredient of Nocello.

Zachary

• String Theory   24 weeks 3 days ago

Are you using the Baker recipe for the Hellfire Bitters, or something else? Could you post a quick recipe for them?

Zachary

• Cobble Hill   24 weeks 4 days ago

Very light and moderately dry. A bit of muddling wouldn't hurt to get more cucumber into the flavor profile. A nice variation, but not one I would return to often.

• Ramona Flowers   24 weeks 4 days ago

This cocktail is so good I registered an account just to say so.

Thanks for giving me something other than an Aviation to consume my Violette.

• Louis' Mistress   24 weeks 6 days ago

Curated this slightly: Pamplemousse Rose is a brand of grapefruit liqueur made by Combier.

Zachary

• Pony Express   25 weeks 12 hours ago

Brian writes that Qi White Tea Liqueur is no longer available.

• Oaxaca Old Fashioned   25 weeks 1 day ago

try it with a grapefruit twist and two dashes of bitters. also try el tesoro reposado and los amantes mezcal

• Sage and Chartreuse Smash   25 weeks 1 day ago

Rafa,

It just seems like a small amount of drink compared to the ice.

Zachary

• Campari Swizzle   25 weeks 1 day ago

I'd forgotten about this drink until I searched for something to make that would utilize my open chinato and falernum. Still love it. I did make it as a swizzle and have changed my mind about using half the falernum- it was too tart without. My rhum jm is running low and will be hard to replace, so I played around with a second version using lemonhart demerara and lime, which I like equally well. I have a feeling smith and cross would also be good

• Sage and Chartreuse Smash   25 weeks 2 days ago

Is that so small? That's basically the size of a Caipirinha (2 oz booze + lime wedges + ~2 tbsp sugar).

• Sage and Chartreuse Smash   25 weeks 2 days ago

This seems like a tiny tiny drink. it's basically 2 1/2 ounces?

Zachary

• Schemers and Dancers   25 weeks 3 days ago

Made this with Ferrand Dry Curacao and I'm sorry to say it was not enjoyable. Sounded great but just an odd combination.

• The Highlander   25 weeks 3 days ago

Looks great. Surprised you don't find that spec too sweet.

• The Highlander   25 weeks 3 days ago

Variation from Backbar, Somerville, MA:
    1 1/2 oz Scotch, Dewar's
    3/4 oz Cochi Americano
    1/2 oz ginger syrup (spicy)
    1/4 oz Amaro, Meletti
    1 oz Grapefruit juice
    1/4 oz Lemon juice
    1 rinse or spritz Fernet Branca

Shake, strain, rocks, spritz (or rinse first).

Truly excellent.

• Start of a New Road   25 weeks 4 days ago

Had this at at Backbar and it was great. If I made it again I'd reduce the lime to 1/2 oz max. Unless you want it bracingly tart.

• California Widow   25 weeks 5 days ago

I remember that scene from Mad Men. That was hilarious.

I'll see about the wormwood bitters. Despite a general preference for a slightly drier cocktail than this one, I've still managed to come back to this one multiple times. It's that good! Nice work.

• May Daisy   25 weeks 5 days ago

Curated this slightly - clarified instructions.

Zachary

• Pierre Rodriguez   25 weeks 5 days ago

This is delicious for summer. Used Pierre Ferrand dry curacao. My wife wasn't planning on having a cocktail, but took one sip and then claimed the entire drink.

• Raindog   26 weeks 1 day ago

Curated this: Removed fresh squeezed from the juices. We trust that you're going to use them, really.

Zachary

• Arrack Apricot Sour   26 weeks 1 day ago

Very nice. Just bought van Oosten Arrack today, so this is my first drink with it. The flavour reminds me of the scent of old logs (in a good way).

• Eastern Exposure   26 weeks 2 days ago

Enjoyable but a little sweet. It could use something spicy and might be more enjoyable with rye like the other commenter mentioned.

• Milano Sour   26 weeks 2 days ago

Agreed on both counts.

• Milano Sour   26 weeks 2 days ago

Very nice. Not as good as its older brother from Trinidad but a nice use of Fernet in a cocktail.

• Aviation Cocktail   26 weeks 3 days ago

Liked:
    2 oz gin
    1 oz lemon