• Negroni   15 weeks 14 hours ago

Shortly after you posted this, Kevin Liu posted his own similar variation, the Black Negroni: http://www.kindredcocktails.com/cocktail/black-negroni

• None More Black   15 weeks 18 hours ago

Garnish with a lump of coal? I'm not a big coffee (nor chocolate) cocktail fan, but this does sound good. Espresso might work (to enhance the bitter aspect).

• None More Black   15 weeks 19 hours ago

It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black.

• 100 Year War   15 weeks 1 day ago

Very nice. Tarter than it looks on paper. The Pimm's and Sorel meld together well.

• Dark and Stormy (Brad Thomas Parsons Recipe)   15 weeks 1 day ago

Curated this a bit - removed the simple syrup instructions from the recipe - it was seriously line breaky.

This drink seems really really sweet to me - it might have a lot of lime flavor from bitters and the syrup, but it looks like it's out of balance. Maybe Dan should take a swing at it for us ;)

Zachary

• Ultimatum   15 weeks 1 day ago

You should head down to New York and pick up a bottle. Unicum tastes like it used to steal Fernet's lunch money, and a liter goes for the same price as a fifth of Fernet.

• Negroni   15 weeks 2 days ago

Tried a variation tonight, which worked for me; using Averna in place of sweet vermouth.

• Aviation Cocktail   15 weeks 2 days ago

I tried this cocktail last night for the first time using the proportions listed in the Haus Alpenz recipe which differs slightly from your recipe. Both, if I'm not mistaken, differ from Hugo Ensslin's recipe which I liked the best. I've started on a classic cocktail kick and didn't realize what I was missing.

• Ultimatum   15 weeks 2 days ago

You're killing me with you stash of Unicum. Next you'll be posting Malort recipes.

• Meadowlands   15 weeks 3 days ago

Nice to have cocktails with Bercherovka, since it survived the flight back from Prague! This one works with Giffard Ginger instead of the apricot liqueur too. Thanks

• Self-Starter Cocktail   15 weeks 3 days ago

I merged the existing "Self-Starter" into this. I posted this first version, but it does have as good attribution, and incorrectly had twice the gin (2 oz).

• Nouvelle Fleur   15 weeks 4 days ago

Curated this a bit - changed tequila to Blanco tequila, Chinaco. Added the sparkling wine top as per the cited recipe at link. Added attribution as per the link.

Zachary

• Five Points Sour   15 weeks 4 days ago

Delicious. Didn't have any Orinoco bitters so I used 50/50 cardamom and Angostura. Nicely done 4/5.

• Windsor Knot   15 weeks 4 days ago

Being a huge Cynar fan, it fit right in with this Vieux Carre variation. Nicely done.

• Vieux Carré   15 weeks 5 days ago

A mix of Punt e Mes and dry vermouth is very nice, adds bitter complexity, and tames the sweetness a bit. An improvement IMO.

• Caruso Cocktail (via Eric Felton)   16 weeks 23 hours ago

Fixed the "Angostura" to be bitters, rather than rum.

• Periodista   16 weeks 1 day ago

Very nice recipe - I used Appleton Extra for the dark rum with 3/4 oz Giffard Abricot (which is amazing, BTW!) and 1/2 oz. Clement Creole Shrubb for the triple sec - close to perfection; I have never been a big fan of the Periodista - until now!

• Studio One   16 weeks 3 days ago

Kyle,

The drink looks awesome - like the best parts of a G&T and a Mojito ran into each other. This is at the top of the list once it cracks 70 here - which may be May ;)

Zachary

• Studio One   16 weeks 3 days ago

Hey Zach,
    That will certainly work, I have added a few of my own tweaks onto his base and I like using some more allspice, some demerara in addition to the agave, and a certain kind of whole chinchona bark that I get from Rod at Rare Tea Cellars here in Chicago. (Right now I am using up some Jack Rudy Tonic syrup that I inherited here, which is good but I like making my own) Part of the fun is the allspice in the syrup and I bag the sugarcane garnish sticks with allspice and lime peel syrup. Also the lime pieces are muddling eigths which may or may not yield more juice than most lime slices.

Kyle

• Studio One   16 weeks 3 days ago

Is the Morgenthaler tonic syrup recipe the way to go here, or is there another you like?

Zachary

• Sloppy Possum   16 weeks 4 days ago

Also tried with equal parts Fernet, ginger liquor, and gin, with great success.

• Haresfur and Tonic   16 weeks 5 days ago

Tried it with Fernet first, then Ramazotti, which I liked better. Excellent.

• Colonel Carpano   17 weeks 8 hours ago

Easily my new favorite drink.

• Prizefighter   17 weeks 2 days ago

Spoke Wine Bar in Boston has simplified this to 1/2 oz lemon juice. I made it this way today and it's perfect. Documentation here: http://cocktailvirgin.blogspot.com/2013/07/phttp://cocktailvirgin.blogsp...

• St Germain Sidecar   17 weeks 3 days ago