• Reply to: Scorched Earth   by   4 months 3 weeks ago

The Straight Up has an utterly different recipe for a Scorched Earth: 1 oz each Mezcal, Campari, and Cynar with a dash each of maple bitters and Regan's orange bitters.

• Reply to: The Treasury Banana Daiquiri   by   4 months 3 weeks ago

Curated this slightly - rewrote instructions to avoid copyright. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Lost World   by   4 months 4 weeks ago

I had no Green Chartreuse and made this with Benedictine instead. It was delicious.

• Reply to: The Commodore   by   4 months 4 weeks ago

Is this strained? Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: White Negroni   by   5 months 1 day ago

<p>
    Goodness! For a drink with only three ingredients, this cocktail has generated a lot of comments. Well, let me add one more. I used 2 oz of a topshelf gin, 1 oz of Cocchi Americano, and 1 oz of Salers. Based on earlier comments, I had a hunch the resulting drink would be on the sweet side, which it was. So I did one simple thing that I did not see mentioned in any of the comments, but which I thought would take away some of the excess sweetness: I used a good-sized lemon twist. Sure enough, the expressed lemon juice from the twist did the trick. So, my suggestion is, regardless of how much you put in of whatever it is, finish up with a good-sized lemon twist. You'll be surprised at the positive difference it'll make in the drink.</p>

• Reply to: Ephemeral   by   5 months 2 days ago

Do 1/2 of the Elderflower

• Reply to: Outside   by   5 months 4 days ago

Splash of bubbly on top...

• Reply to: Saturday Night   by   5 months 4 days ago

I agree with the first comment, in that this drink is not outstanding. However, I used Luxardo, not Amaro Abano, so I don't know how hers/his version compared to mine. However,  I was satisfied with Luxardo, so I will make this drink occasionally in the future.

Yes, this drink doesn't compare with a Negroni, but then, only a handful of drinks do. In short, I don't think this drink was intended to compete with a Negroni. I suspect it was developed simply as a drink to enjoy on its own.

• Reply to: Mutiny Suppressor   by   5 months 5 days ago

Subbed averna for nardini as I don't have it. Interesting but a little too sweet for me. Like an Italian candy bar.

• Reply to: Dulce de Leche   by   5 months 6 days ago

Made with reposado for lack of anejo. Still very good. Love the texture, softness and the lingering tequila taste.

• Reply to: Fixer Upper   by   5 months 6 days ago

I like the complexity and the bitterness but couldn't get past a few sips - the drink is too boozy (or too boozy for me). Perhaps, I would cut the gin, china-china, and absinthe portions in half.

• Reply to: Amaro di Cocco   by   5 months 1 week ago

Upgraded to 5 stars. I've been making this drink for wife and friends while in Hawaii, and it's a hit. Very tasty.

• Reply to: Las Meninas   by   5 months 1 week ago

It's running out??

• Reply to: Casino   by   5 months 1 week ago

Apparently the Savoy calls for Old Tom Gin,  with 1/4 oz lemon juice and 1/4 oz Maraschino and orange bitters.  Anyways that combination makes a fantastic drink!

• Reply to: Presbyterian's Revenge   by   5 months 1 week ago

Curated this: Added source citation and creator information. Brought drink in line with the cited link - 1.5 oz Black Grouse instead of 2, no orange bitters), added grapefruit twist as garnish. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Negroni   by   5 months 1 week ago

I've been enjoying this Negroni variant. Equal parts:

Gin

Kina L'Avion D'Or

Byrrh

Lemon twist.

Rocks or stirred and strained.

• Reply to: Las Meninas   by   5 months 1 week ago

Great painting.  Great drink.  So what are we gonna do when the Abbott's runs out.?

• Reply to: Trident   by   5 months 1 week ago

This link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO5pAEku0wI  uses Linie, Lustau's Amontillado and Cynar - dry sherry covers a really wide range of flavors!  Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Las Meninas   by   5 months 1 week ago

Great name!

• Reply to: Rapscallion   by   5 months 1 week ago

Made with Laphroaig 10 year old and Delgado Zuleta's Monteagudo PX. Wonderful!

• Reply to: 5000 Rupees   by   5 months 2 weeks ago

Made with Buffalo Trace: sweet and spicy, very good

• Reply to: Hartwood Cocktail   by   5 months 2 weeks ago

Interesting, unexpected, balanced.

• Reply to: Boulevardier (Cure version)   by   5 months 2 weeks ago

I was skeptical, but this is really good, the Campari, Punt e Mes and Rittenhouse work well together. Dark berry notes, with some strong bitter finish.

• Reply to: Davy Jones' Locker   by   5 months 3 weeks ago

A new tiki classic! I tried a touch of tiki bitters second go, and it's a great addition.

• Reply to: El Presidente   by   5 months 3 weeks ago

Tried 2 oz Barbancourt blanc, 1 oz Dolin blanc, 1 tsp Curaçao, 1 tsp Grenadine, 2 ds orange bitters. Judgement reserved...