• Sage and Chartreuse Smash   20 weeks 2 days ago

Is that so small? That's basically the size of a Caipirinha (2 oz booze + lime wedges + ~2 tbsp sugar).

• Sage and Chartreuse Smash   20 weeks 3 days ago

This seems like a tiny tiny drink. it's basically 2 1/2 ounces?

Zachary

• Schemers and Dancers   20 weeks 4 days ago

Made this with Ferrand Dry Curacao and I'm sorry to say it was not enjoyable. Sounded great but just an odd combination.

• The Highlander   20 weeks 4 days ago

Looks great. Surprised you don't find that spec too sweet.

• The Highlander   20 weeks 4 days ago

Variation from Backbar, Somerville, MA:
    1 1/2 oz Scotch, Dewar's
    3/4 oz Cochi Americano
    1/2 oz ginger syrup (spicy)
    1/4 oz Amaro, Meletti
    1 oz Grapefruit juice
    1/4 oz Lemon juice
    1 rinse or spritz Fernet Branca

Shake, strain, rocks, spritz (or rinse first).

Truly excellent.

• Start of a New Road   20 weeks 5 days ago

Had this at at Backbar and it was great. If I made it again I'd reduce the lime to 1/2 oz max. Unless you want it bracingly tart.

• California Widow   20 weeks 6 days ago

I remember that scene from Mad Men. That was hilarious.

I'll see about the wormwood bitters. Despite a general preference for a slightly drier cocktail than this one, I've still managed to come back to this one multiple times. It's that good! Nice work.

• May Daisy   20 weeks 6 days ago

Curated this slightly - clarified instructions.

Zachary

• Pierre Rodriguez   20 weeks 6 days ago

This is delicious for summer. Used Pierre Ferrand dry curacao. My wife wasn't planning on having a cocktail, but took one sip and then claimed the entire drink.

• Raindog   21 weeks 1 day ago

Curated this: Removed fresh squeezed from the juices. We trust that you're going to use them, really.

Zachary

• Arrack Apricot Sour   21 weeks 1 day ago

Very nice. Just bought van Oosten Arrack today, so this is my first drink with it. The flavour reminds me of the scent of old logs (in a good way).

• Eastern Exposure   21 weeks 3 days ago

Enjoyable but a little sweet. It could use something spicy and might be more enjoyable with rye like the other commenter mentioned.

• Milano Sour   21 weeks 3 days ago

Agreed on both counts.

• Milano Sour   21 weeks 3 days ago

Very nice. Not as good as its older brother from Trinidad but a nice use of Fernet in a cocktail.

• Aviation Cocktail   21 weeks 4 days ago

Liked:
    2 oz gin
    1 oz lemon
    1/2 oz maraschino
    1 tsp CdV

• What's Kraken?   21 weeks 4 days ago

Curated this a bit: removed "fresh squeezed" from the OJ. Changed "Kraken Spiced Rum" to "Kraken", which is a brand of spiced rum. Removed extraneous note that was causing line breakage, clarified the twist as garnish.

Zachary

• Trinidad Sour   21 weeks 5 days ago

The Trinidad sour you know and love is wrong.

• 15 Second Punch   21 weeks 6 days ago

Two tweaks we find make it the belle of the ball, reducing to 1/2 pt campari and adding 1/2 pt simple syrup

• Crab Malice Cocktail   22 weeks 1 day ago

a little bitter but a dash of Fee's Old Fashioned Aromatic Bitters rounded it out nicely.

• Wisconsin Old Fashioned   22 weeks 1 day ago

Being a Wisconsinite myself, I'm positive this drink is never referred to as a "Wisconsin Old Fashioned" in or out of the state; I'm assuming you're looking for the out-of-state description, which would be a "Brandy Old Fashioned" or a "Brandy Old Fashioned-Sweet/Sour" with the appropriate mixer

• Boulevardier Riff (Fred Sarkis)   22 weeks 1 day ago

This is great. I prefer chocolate bitters to orange here. Not sure whether the salt's necessary.

• Easy Speak   22 weeks 2 days ago

The person I made this for keeps coming up to me and telling me how good this is. I love the generous use of the Xocolatl bitters.

I used Evan Williams Black for the bourbon.

• Smokey Old Fashioned   22 weeks 2 days ago

This seems awfully sweet and awfully weak - are the measurements correct? That's just about as much spirit as water + sweetener.

Zachary

• 1818 Cocktail   22 weeks 2 days ago

Dark brown, cola colored with a slight amber hint. Nose is a rich, sweet mix of the nutty sherry and rum with hints of clove, sweet dark fruit, and allspice. Sip is light and sweet up front, perhaps from the Benedictine, and that sweetness continues onto the midpalate with the sweet dark fruit notes of the Punt e Mes combining the rum, whose flavor emerges nicely, and briefly dominates. Towards the back of the tongue, the combination of sweet nutty and lightly acidic flavors from the sherry come forward and the back of the tongue, and especially the swallow, sees the bitter herbal notes of the Punt e Mes. Often, Punt e Mes can be a bit over-bitter but in this case it is light, and just enough to provide a fantastic foil to the sweetness on the initial sip. The finish sees a slight dryness on the tongue and the sherry dominating. All in all this is a fantastic, complex, and wholly original drink, presenting flavors that most drinkers are not used to experiencing in a a sophisticated and intriguing package. Furthermore, it is a drink that evolves as it warms, becoming more rum and sherry dominant with the bitterness decreasing slightly.

• Cocktail Maison   22 weeks 2 days ago

Curated this slightly - changed the volume of Champagne to fit into a flute instead of "one glass", which can be vague.

Zachary