• Reply to: Trafalgar   by   5 months 2 weeks ago

Really enjoyed this cocktail. I used Apple jack in place of brandy. Cheers

• Reply to: Confused Limey   by   5 months 3 weeks ago

I used your recipe but altered it a bit and it turned out really good.  I didn't have grapefruit bitters but used rhubarb bitters instead and added grapefruit juice instead of lime juice. Really good. Thanks.

• Reply to: Cubed Old Fashioned   by   5 months 3 weeks ago

This is brilliant - so much flavour (Hennessey, Appleton 12, Rittenhouse).  Maybe a little sweet with the half of simple, but now I'm going to make the Old Fashioned syrup and try the drink in its full glory.

• Reply to: Kentucky Red Head   by   5 months 3 weeks ago

I liked this quite a bit, the bourbon and ginger are a natural combination. I found it a bit tart as written though, I might pull back on the lemon juice a bit next time.

• Reply to: Missouri Mule   by   5 months 3 weeks ago

Touché.  I have updated my previous error.  Cheers.

• Reply to: Missouri Mule   by   5 months 3 weeks ago

Tasty. I could see adapting this into a tall drink with rocks and soda.

However, the Democratic party symbol is a donkey not a mule.

• Reply to: Victorian   by   5 months 4 weeks ago

Nice catch and sorry for the confusion...The vodka is now added.  Cheers.

• Reply to: Victorian   by   5 months 4 weeks ago

Vodka?

• Reply to: Firetail   by   5 months 4 weeks ago

Made it with Sombra Mezcal and Mandarito (Mandarin Liqueur) and turned out quite nicely

• Reply to: After-Dinner Sazerac   by   5 months 4 weeks ago

That would be Nikka Coffey Grain, straight. ;) Thanks, Zach

• Reply to: Meatpacker   by   6 months 11 hours ago

Got gifted a bottle of Limoncello so I thought I'd give it a shot. It's nicely balanced and I liked the addition of the chocolate bitters, but I'm just not a limoncello fan; if you are you'd probably love this.

• Reply to: After-Dinner Sazerac   by   6 months 2 days ago

Rafa, I think that's only a Sazerac in the way that you could use a Dali watch to tell time. Thanks, Zachary

• Reply to: After-Dinner Sazerac   by   6 months 2 days ago

Ha. I agree, but I don't like to rename other people's drinks as a rule, however inaccurate that name is. And this is a delicious drink regardless, though I don't know that it's better than Yamazaki straight.

• Reply to: Rhum with a Vieux   by   6 months 2 days ago

Love the name...

• Reply to: Hearts of Oak   by   6 months 3 days ago

I used Woodford's and Ardbeg, and it was fantastic!

• Reply to: Darkest Manhattan   by   6 months 5 days ago

Curated to remove unneeded ingredient notes and add brand of bitters. Your instructions imply a stir-and-dump into an OF glass. Do you mean this to be strained?

• Reply to: Caribbean Punch   by   6 months 5 days ago

KC still won't let me input "almond extract" as an ingredient--it automatically adds "syrup" after I type "almond."

• Reply to: Lady in Blue   by   6 months 6 days ago

Curated this. To avoid copyright issues, rewrote the instructions and removed edible flower garnish (which was in the instructions, but not in the recipe). Removed the teaser that it's a White Lady variation - it's not.

Zachary

• Reply to: Hazy Asset   by   6 months 1 week ago

Good call. The adjustment was made and it is much better.

• Reply to: Into the Woods   by   6 months 1 week ago

Increased dry vermouth to 1 oz to help sugar balance. This is a nice drink, but given the price of the ingredients, I think I prefer the Shiver. I'd like to try a mash-up, using tart grapefruit juice in lieu of dry vermouth.

• Reply to: Corpse King Reviver 71   by   6 months 1 week ago

Curated for capitalization and instruction style. Who is "SDC/CJM"?

• Reply to: Western Sour   by   6 months 1 week ago

Curated slightly for style.

• Reply to: Attention   by   6 months 1 week ago

This started out well-balanced but got quite absinthe-heavy as it went along. I suspect it's because it cooled down—it may stay balanced longer over ice.

• Reply to: The Grande Bretagne no.2   by   6 months 1 week ago

Pretty tart (consider a smidge of syrup). Be generous with the peach bitters. I felt it was missing something, and a drop or three of Peychaud's on top looked and smelled great.

• Reply to: Ulysses Cocktail   by   6 months 1 week ago

That's the problem with many vintage cocktails -- they are simply formulated too sweet for today. The quality of our spirits doesn't require as much sugar may be one factor. I would think you could easily dial the cherry back to 1/2. It might let the cognac through a bit more. I need to try this.