• Reply to: After-Dinner Sazerac   by   4 months 12 hours ago

That would be Nikka Coffey Grain, straight. ;) Thanks, Zach

• Reply to: Meatpacker   by   4 months 1 day ago

Got gifted a bottle of Limoncello so I thought I'd give it a shot. It's nicely balanced and I liked the addition of the chocolate bitters, but I'm just not a limoncello fan; if you are you'd probably love this.

• Reply to: After-Dinner Sazerac   by   4 months 2 days ago

Rafa, I think that's only a Sazerac in the way that you could use a Dali watch to tell time. Thanks, Zachary

• Reply to: After-Dinner Sazerac   by   4 months 2 days ago

Ha. I agree, but I don't like to rename other people's drinks as a rule, however inaccurate that name is. And this is a delicious drink regardless, though I don't know that it's better than Yamazaki straight.

• Reply to: Rhum with a Vieux   by   4 months 3 days ago

Love the name...

• Reply to: Hearts of Oak   by   4 months 3 days ago

I used Woodford's and Ardbeg, and it was fantastic!

• Reply to: Darkest Manhattan   by   4 months 6 days ago

Curated to remove unneeded ingredient notes and add brand of bitters. Your instructions imply a stir-and-dump into an OF glass. Do you mean this to be strained?

• Reply to: Caribbean Punch   by   4 months 6 days ago

KC still won't let me input "almond extract" as an ingredient--it automatically adds "syrup" after I type "almond."

• Reply to: Lady in Blue   by   4 months 1 week ago

Curated this. To avoid copyright issues, rewrote the instructions and removed edible flower garnish (which was in the instructions, but not in the recipe). Removed the teaser that it's a White Lady variation - it's not.

Zachary

• Reply to: Hazy Asset   by   4 months 1 week ago

Good call. The adjustment was made and it is much better.

• Reply to: Into the Woods   by   4 months 1 week ago

Increased dry vermouth to 1 oz to help sugar balance. This is a nice drink, but given the price of the ingredients, I think I prefer the Shiver. I'd like to try a mash-up, using tart grapefruit juice in lieu of dry vermouth.

• Reply to: Corpse King Reviver 71   by   4 months 1 week ago

Curated for capitalization and instruction style. Who is "SDC/CJM"?

• Reply to: Western Sour   by   4 months 1 week ago

Curated slightly for style.

• Reply to: Attention   by   4 months 1 week ago

This started out well-balanced but got quite absinthe-heavy as it went along. I suspect it's because it cooled down—it may stay balanced longer over ice.

• Reply to: The Grande Bretagne no.2   by   4 months 1 week ago

Pretty tart (consider a smidge of syrup). Be generous with the peach bitters. I felt it was missing something, and a drop or three of Peychaud's on top looked and smelled great.

• Reply to: Ulysses Cocktail   by   4 months 1 week ago

That's the problem with many vintage cocktails -- they are simply formulated too sweet for today. The quality of our spirits doesn't require as much sugar may be one factor. I would think you could easily dial the cherry back to 1/2. It might let the cognac through a bit more. I need to try this.

• Reply to: Ulysses Cocktail   by   4 months 1 week ago

Nice flavors, but still a tad too sweet at these ratios. Bitters improve it admirably.

• Reply to: Krakatoa, August 25th, 1883   by   4 months 1 week ago

I was searching for something in which to use my Sibilla and found this.  Of course in the process of trying to use the Sibilla I ended up buying the Lemon Hart 151 (found a store online in NY that still had it) as well as the Allspice Dram (which I've been wanting anyway) and some Amaro Ciociaro (to sub for the Torani Amer and to make sure I've got the biggest Amaro collection in the county).

Subbed in Appleton V/X, the aforementioned CioCiaro, Angostura for the Scrappy's and Regan's Orange for the Angostura Orange.  Didn't have any mint.

[ramble]This is a fascinating concoction.  With its Tiki leanings it may well be better in July than January. I smell the pineapple more than taste it.  I want another one, but not now or anytime soon.  I like it a lot but as a fan of amari and classic Tiki, perhaps not as much as I anticipated.  4 out of 5 stars for now...[/ramble]

What do I do with the other 5 1/2 oz of pineapple juice?

• Reply to: Martinez   by   4 months 2 weeks ago

The Gonzalez is a Death & Co drink, a gin Red Hook. I just added it to the database. And fair enough.

• Reply to: Martinez   by   4 months 2 weeks ago

What's a Gonzalez? Dunno about being a different drink. I figure Ransom is a valid Old Tom, Punt e Mes is a valid sweet vermouth, and splitting the sweet vermouth in any drink with dry just makes it perfect, no? A regular Martinez with these ratios is pretty sweet, and the lack of bitterness in a normal sweet vermouth doesn't help.

• Reply to: White Tai ("Improved")   by   4 months 2 weeks ago

I fixed "amond syrup milk" and "hand foods". I don't see almond extract in this recipe anymore, so I'm guessing it was fixed or re-formulated to not have it. If you enter new ingredients that Kindred Cocktails insists on "auto-correcting", it's part of its efforts to standardize what people enter. Just contact me and I'll enter the ingredients into the database manually. Cheers -Dan

• Reply to: White Tai ("Improved")   by   4 months 2 weeks ago

Kindred autocorrects almond extract as well as almond milk (or "almond syrup milk" in KC lingo). It also 'corrects' Small Hand Foods to Hand Foods.

• Reply to: White Tai ("Improved")   by   4 months 2 weeks ago

Curated to change "almond syrup extract" to "almond extract", which I think is what was meant, since only 1 drop is used.

• Reply to: Little Giuseppe   by   4 months 2 weeks ago

Curated to combine with nearly identical Bitter Giuseppe, which omits the salt and has 6 dashes of Regans' Orange Bitters.

• Reply to: Martinez   by   4 months 2 weeks ago

Dan, sounds like a pretty different drink, something between a Red Hook and a Gonzalez.