• Reply to: Ex-Pat   by   4 months 1 day ago

This site specifies a mint leaf garnish.

• Reply to: Espresso Martini   by   4 months 1 day ago

Horatio: O day and night, but this espresso martini is wondrous strange!

Hamlet: And therefore as a stranger give it welcome. There are more things in London bars, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

• Reply to: Espresso Martini   by   4 months 1 day ago

Ugh.

• Reply to: Dandelion Cocktail (Miker)   by   4 months 2 days ago

Sorry... The orange flower water goes in it. The garnish is a flower. Thanks, Mike

• Reply to: Dandelion Cocktail (Miker)   by   4 months 2 days ago

Do you mean the orange flower water is a garnish or some other sort of flower? Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Loose noose   by   4 months 2 days ago

Curated this: removed description to avoid copyright. Corrected sherry to fino sherry, 1/2 oz of allspice dram to 1/2 tsp, added orange peel garnish all as per cited link. Added creator information and date. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Red Danube   by   4 months 3 days ago

<br />This is my first cocktail using Zwack liqueur, and I must say it made a favorable first impression. Unlike an earlier comment, I could not discern a mint taste. The Campari, however, made its presence known, but only mildly so. As for this drink I personally rate it 4.5. An exceptionally good drink--either before or after dinner--but I favor before.

• Reply to: A Brighter Summer Day   by   4 months 4 days ago

Maybe I have old Becherovka, but I felt the cinnamon needed the extra kick which is why I went with Fee's. I agree about the apricot, but I'm trying to finish a bottle of peach liqueur someone gave me and this is the best use I've found for it. I'll experiment with bitters this weekend and report back.

• Reply to: Espresso Martini   by   4 months 4 days ago

Curated this: removed history to avoid copyright. As a note, we typically frown on X Martinis and they usually stay unpublished. But given the creator of the drink and the efforts underway at the time to simplify and innovate the lackluster cocktail scene, I feel it's an important part of pre-Renaissance cocktail history. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Sabotta Dusk   by   4 months 4 days ago

Very nice, very, smooth, and very delicious. The ingredients blend together so well that it's difficult to discern the rye whiskey or cognac. I suspect that drinkers who are not fond of rye whiskey will find this drink to their lliking. I rated this 4.5, and good to the last drop!

• Reply to: A Brighter Summer Day   by   4 months 4 days ago

Strong on the cinnamon from the Becherovka. Use bitters that are without cinnamon. Made with apricot because peach tends toward Jolly Rancher. Fits the name very well.

• Reply to: The Winthrop   by   4 months 5 days ago

Too sweet for my tastes, but the flavors are nice. Next time I'll probably omit the Aperol in favor of several dashes of bitters.

• Reply to: Fears and Failures   by   4 months 5 days ago

Very nice. I topped with Founders Curmudgeon ale, which gave this a bit of a molasses background that played well with the other ingredients.

• Reply to: All Jacked Up   by   4 months 1 week ago

Renamed from "Mayahuel's All Jacked Up" as per user Craig E, citing Mayahuel's on-line menu.

• Reply to: All Jacked Up   by   4 months 1 week ago

Quite good, but I might reduce the sweet Vermouth to .75oz next time.

• Reply to: The Mojo   by   4 months 1 week ago

Kinda tastes like fancy-ass Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Which is a good thing.

• Reply to: Albuquerque Old Fashioned   by   4 months 1 week ago

Interesting drink.  It's old fashioned for the first half second, then the habanero kicks in and lingers.  I love habanero flavor, but it takes some getting used to in drink form.  First time I've had one that tasted like this.  Definitely worth trying.

• Reply to: Cargo Cult   by   4 months 2 weeks ago

This evening I actually tried mango puree instead of guava juice after seeing your question about subs for guava juice. I have been using Smith and Cross for the rum (as the boozenerds used for the final recipe) and I thought the mango did not tame the navy-strength rum as well as the guava juice. Maybe if I was using a lower proof rum it would have been more to my liking.

• Reply to: Hanky Panky   by   4 months 2 weeks ago

• Reply to: 18th Century   by   4 months 2 weeks ago

Thanks to a user tip, curated this - changed MB Apry to MB white Creme de Cacao as per the Death and Co. book. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Butter, Lemon, Smoke   by   4 months 3 weeks ago

Used Sheep Dip Islay in place of Peat Monster. 5 star.

• Reply to: Improved Whiskey Cocktail   by   4 months 3 weeks ago

Absinthe can be used as rinse - in Sazerac fashion.

• Reply to: Vessel 75   by   4 months 3 weeks ago

Curated this. Removed picture to avoid copyright. Moved foam recipe to the notes, clarified instructions. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Mexican Cloud   by   4 months 3 weeks ago

Curated this: Removed picture to avoid copyright issues. Removed foam recipe to the notes section, moved creator and source citation to their proper locations. Added date. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: La Bateleur   by   4 months 3 weeks ago

Subbed with Carpano Antica. Wow, what a drink!!