• Reply to: Ginger Rabbit   by   3 months 4 days ago

Curated this: rewrote instructions to avoid copyright. Thanks, Zach

• Reply to: Lizard King   by   3 months 6 days ago

Fancier, funkier Ancient Mariner. Dan, did you use cinnamon syrup or Becherovka?

• Reply to: Lizard King   by   3 months 6 days ago

That's a lot of pie spice in one cocktail -- too much for me.

• Reply to: Little Easy   by   3 months 6 days ago

Now for dueling pedantic curators! Thanks, Zachary

• Reply to: Little Easy   by   3 months 6 days ago

Dualing curators. I shortened up the instructions to conform to our style guidelines. Our readers don't need detailed SOP instructions.

• Reply to: Little Easy   by   3 months 6 days ago

Curated this. Added creator and date, rewrote instructions to avoid copyright. Changed the type to "altered" - this is Herbsaint/Regans vs. Absinthe/BT Orange. Thanks,, Zachary

• Reply to: Lancaster County   by   3 months 1 week ago

Curated this slightly - peach schnapps liqueur is redundant. Changed to peach liqueur. Thanks, Zachary

• Reply to: Calvados Cocktail   by   3 months 1 week ago

Tried both ways. May prefer the original version as the modern take is a bit too sweet.

• Reply to: The Music Orange   by   3 months 1 week ago

Enjoyed this one much more than I expected to. I'm generally very wary of orange juice in cocktails, and 1.5 oz sounds like a LOT of OJ here, but the lemon and falernum provide enough oomph to keep it from falling flat. Used B.G. Reynolds' falernum and mandarin oranges because that's what I had on hand.

• Reply to: Eau de Vie of Douglas Fir   by   3 months 1 week ago

The brovo liqueur is sweetened with agave syrup; the eau de vie is fully dry, so no, not entirely. They might have comparable flavor intensity, so the brovo product might work in some of these drinks if the specs are adjusted for sweetness, but experimentation is required. There's also the issue that the liqueur is distilled with GNS (high proof vodka), while Clear Creek distils with their own brandy, which presumably affects flavor and texture.

• Reply to: Eau de Vie of Douglas Fir   by   3 months 1 week ago

Brovo (http://brovospirits.com/products/liqueurs/douglas-fir/) also makes a Douglas Fir liqueur.

Are these essentially interchangeable?

• Reply to: The Corsican   by   3 months 2 weeks ago

Curated to conform to reference, reducing vermouth and falernum from 1 oz to 1/2 oz. Also removed excessive quote from source for copyright reasons. Added attribution details.

• Reply to: Black Negroni   by   3 months 2 weeks ago

This is fine, but the Averna doesn't add nearly as much to the drink as the vermouth usually does. Its subtler notes get hidden behind the Campari so that mostly it just reinforces the bitterness.

• Reply to: Cubed Old Fashioned   by   3 months 2 weeks ago

Made this with Smith & Cross, WT 101 Rye, and Salignac Cognac. Used 1/4 oz regular double simple syrup. Still a mighty fine drink.

• Reply to: Trafalgar   by   3 months 2 weeks ago

Really enjoyed this cocktail. I used Apple jack in place of brandy. Cheers

• Reply to: Confused Limey   by   3 months 2 weeks ago

I used your recipe but altered it a bit and it turned out really good.  I didn't have grapefruit bitters but used rhubarb bitters instead and added grapefruit juice instead of lime juice. Really good. Thanks.

• Reply to: Cubed Old Fashioned   by   3 months 3 weeks ago

This is brilliant - so much flavour (Hennessey, Appleton 12, Rittenhouse).  Maybe a little sweet with the half of simple, but now I'm going to make the Old Fashioned syrup and try the drink in its full glory.

• Reply to: Kentucky Red Head   by   3 months 3 weeks ago

I liked this quite a bit, the bourbon and ginger are a natural combination. I found it a bit tart as written though, I might pull back on the lemon juice a bit next time.

• Reply to: Missouri Mule   by   3 months 3 weeks ago

Touché.  I have updated my previous error.  Cheers.

• Reply to: Missouri Mule   by   3 months 3 weeks ago

Tasty. I could see adapting this into a tall drink with rocks and soda.

However, the Democratic party symbol is a donkey not a mule.

• Reply to: Victorian   by   3 months 3 weeks ago

Nice catch and sorry for the confusion...The vodka is now added.  Cheers.

• Reply to: Victorian   by   3 months 3 weeks ago

Vodka?

• Reply to: Firetail   by   3 months 3 weeks ago

Made it with Sombra Mezcal and Mandarito (Mandarin Liqueur) and turned out quite nicely

• Reply to: After-Dinner Sazerac   by   3 months 3 weeks ago

That would be Nikka Coffey Grain, straight. ;) Thanks, Zach

• Reply to: Meatpacker   by   3 months 4 weeks ago

Got gifted a bottle of Limoncello so I thought I'd give it a shot. It's nicely balanced and I liked the addition of the chocolate bitters, but I'm just not a limoncello fan; if you are you'd probably love this.