• Fort Point   11 weeks 3 days ago

Going to assume this one calls for apricot liqueur ala Rothman & Winter or Marie Brizard, rather than true apricot brandy as suggested by the Imbibe link.

• The Crippled Creek   11 weeks 3 days ago

Somehow along the way "cucumber" became "celery," I think.
    Terrific drink at the top of my "savory" list. Thanks for posting it.

• Mise en Abyme   11 weeks 4 days ago

I made a "garnish with a smaller version of itself" joke inside your "smaller version of itself" joke.

• Corpse Reviver #2   11 weeks 5 days ago

Kina L'avion D'or works as well instead of lillet blanc.

• Wheelwright Cocktail   11 weeks 5 days ago

Sometimes I see recipes that look exciting on paper but end up muddled or boring in the glass. Not so here. This is a great aperitif that straddles the line between wild and elegant flavors beautifully, with each ingredient playing off every other in turn. Don't skip the orange flower water float/garnish; it does a lot to tie the drink together. Recommended.

• Gin Basil Smash   12 weeks 12 hours ago

Christian Dehm at http://barnotes.co/recipes/christian-s-basil-smash has a nice version that adds 1/2 oz. Aperol and 2oz tonic water.

• Old Fashioned (Late 20th Century)   12 weeks 18 hours ago

This is well known in the Midwest as the Wisconsin Old Fashioned except use Korbel Brandy.

• Summer Hemingway   12 weeks 20 hours ago

fantastic!

• Bitter Elder   12 weeks 1 day ago

Here's my take on this drink using the Campari/Aperol combo..

Lovely rose pink color with a very, very light nose that is gin forward with a touch of fruit sweetness from the Campari and Aperol - I’m somewhat stunned to not smell any of the St. Germaine. Sip is sweet and St. Germaine dominant on the front of the tongue while the midpalate sees the gin and its juniper notes come out immediately followed by the grapefruit-like bitterness from the Campari and Aperol. The back of the tongue and the swallow see that grapefruit profile grow stronger as the tart lemon juice develops. Amidst all these flavors the St. Germaine still darts in and out providing consistent sweet honey and lychee notes. The finish is pretty bitter with the most immediate flavor comparison being grapefruit juice with a hint of juniper and a good deal of elderflower. All in all, the grapefruit juice comparison is the most telling. Let’s say you were serving a customer at a bar and were thinking of something interesting to do for them with St. Germaine, or even trying to guide someone into drinking gin, and you asked them if they liked grapefruit juice, and they said yes, then you would no doubt have great success with this drink, however, if they say they don’t like grapefruit juice, then the chances are they will hate this drink.

• Wander Back   12 weeks 1 day ago

Wow. First time I've had the Mezcal and Cynar pairing and I can see why people say it's genius.

• Colonel Carpano   12 weeks 2 days ago

Yeah, I don't know why I had to ask. It was awesome with Punt e Mes. Less "chocolatey" than the original, but still outstanding.

• Hunting Rifle   12 weeks 2 days ago

I used ED15 because it's what I have right now, and a mix of Redbreast 12 and Tyrconnell (I'm down to the last ounce or so of Redbreast and guarding it jealously). Any ED 5 and up should do; they all have the banana note in common with the Irish (and, obviously, the liqueur).

• Hunting Rifle   12 weeks 2 days ago

What demarara do you use? I think I'll make this tonight.

• Romanoff's of Beverly Hills   12 weeks 3 days ago

Not a bad drink, I love the flavor. It is very simple, not much depth and is not very strong. Its more like drinking juice. I feel that it is missing something... I think next time I make it I'll add some cranberry juice for some bitter/sour to try and even things out. Overall, as it stands now, I would rate it a 3/5

• Colonel Carpano   12 weeks 3 days ago

Probably very good, though very different. Punt e Mes has a heavy gentian bitterness and very little of Antica Formula's strong vanilla.

• Colonel Carpano   12 weeks 3 days ago

Anyone have any thoughts on how this might be with Punt e Mes instead of Carpano Antica?

• Traidor   12 weeks 6 days ago

Curated this slightly: changed the bitters from "Aged" to "Aromatic" to reflect picture and avoid confusion with their Aged Citrus bitters.

Zachary

• Bert Cooper   12 weeks 6 days ago

Yeah, I say "float" but most times I can't get these heavy liqueurs to stay above the rest of the drink (pouring them slowly down a barspoon helps). It's more of a "sink" I guess. Thanks for trying it!

• Colonel Carpano   13 weeks 18 hours ago

Definitely a good one for slowly sipping and appreciating. Maybe a touch on the sweet side for my palette, so may have to adjust the Cynar and Antica formula down a touch. Flavor combination is brilliant and lends itself well to experimentation with bitters and garnish.

• Bert Cooper   13 weeks 1 day ago

I'm a big fan of the Aviation, and this is an interesting spin on it. Recommending doubling maraschino to 1/2 oz (that's how I take my Aviation as well).

Couldn't get the Yvette to float, it tends to plummet to the bottom. Still works, though.

• Bywater   13 weeks 3 days ago

This works really well with a liqueur made from bay leaves or seeds in place of the Charteuse, if you can find (or make) one.
    Green Chartreuse may be too strong - try yellow?

• Spruce Moose (get in smithers)   13 weeks 3 days ago

Yes sorry I got the importer and the product switched up, that is the correct ingredient.

• Spruce Moose (get in smithers)   13 weeks 3 days ago

Do you mean the Zirbenz Stone Pine liqueur?

Zachary

• Arrack and a Hard Place   13 weeks 3 days ago

Fantastic! Nice combination of flavored, very balanced. Wicked strong, sip responsibly.

• Montresor & Fortunato   13 weeks 6 days ago