• Reply to: Bali Bali   by   2 months 3 weeks ago

Curated this: Corrected creator information, source citation and year. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Jupiter's Acorn   by   2 months 3 weeks ago

Curated slightly from 1 oz egg to 1 egg as per the reference.

• Reply to: Scorched Earth   by   2 months 3 weeks ago

The Straight Up has an utterly different recipe for a Scorched Earth: 1 oz each Mezcal, Campari, and Cynar with a dash each of maple bitters and Regan's orange bitters.

• Reply to: The Treasury Banana Daiquiri   by   2 months 3 weeks ago

Curated this slightly - rewrote instructions to avoid copyright. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Lost World   by   2 months 3 weeks ago

I had no Green Chartreuse and made this with Benedictine instead. It was delicious.

• Reply to: The Commodore   by   2 months 3 weeks ago

Is this strained? Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: White Negroni   by   2 months 4 weeks ago

<p>
    Goodness! For a drink with only three ingredients, this cocktail has generated a lot of comments. Well, let me add one more. I used 2 oz of a topshelf gin, 1 oz of Cocchi Americano, and 1 oz of Salers. Based on earlier comments, I had a hunch the resulting drink would be on the sweet side, which it was. So I did one simple thing that I did not see mentioned in any of the comments, but which I thought would take away some of the excess sweetness: I used a good-sized lemon twist. Sure enough, the expressed lemon juice from the twist did the trick. So, my suggestion is, regardless of how much you put in of whatever it is, finish up with a good-sized lemon twist. You'll be surprised at the positive difference it'll make in the drink.</p>

• Reply to: White Light   by   2 months 4 weeks ago

There are few cocktails that I rate 4.5 or 5: a Negroni or Manhattan are a few. Well, with this cocktail, I have to add one more. Truth be told, I was torn between rating White Light as 4.5 or 5.0. If I could use my own rating scale, I would rate it "Damn Good." I live in Michigan, making it impossible to get Cocchi Americano unless I order it out of state, which I did. And I'm so glad I did, because I was able to experience this cocktail. If you're in the same boat, do what I did so that you can drink this baby also. By the way, the gin I used is definitely topshelf. It is Tanqueray's Bloomsburg, which was labelled as "Limited Edition." I bought it in December, 2015 and two months later it was no longer available. If you're a gin drinker and can get this product, get it. You won't go wrong!

• Reply to: Ephemeral   by   2 months 4 weeks ago

Do 1/2 of the Elderflower

• Reply to: Outside   by   3 months 1 day ago

Splash of bubbly on top...

• Reply to: Saturday Night   by   3 months 1 day ago

I agree with the first comment, in that this drink is not outstanding. However, I used Luxardo, not Amaro Abano, so I don't know how hers/his version compared to mine. However,  I was satisfied with Luxardo, so I will make this drink occasionally in the future.

Yes, this drink doesn't compare with a Negroni, but then, only a handful of drinks do. In short, I don't think this drink was intended to compete with a Negroni. I suspect it was developed simply as a drink to enjoy on its own.

• Reply to: Mutiny Suppressor   by   3 months 2 days ago

Subbed averna for nardini as I don't have it. Interesting but a little too sweet for me. Like an Italian candy bar.

• Reply to: Dulce de Leche   by   3 months 3 days ago

Made with reposado for lack of anejo. Still very good. Love the texture, softness and the lingering tequila taste.

• Reply to: Fixer Upper   by   3 months 3 days ago

I like the complexity and the bitterness but couldn't get past a few sips - the drink is too boozy (or too boozy for me). Perhaps, I would cut the gin, china-china, and absinthe portions in half.

• Reply to: Amaro di Cocco   by   3 months 4 days ago

Upgraded to 5 stars. I've been making this drink for wife and friends while in Hawaii, and it's a hit. Very tasty.

• Reply to: Las Meninas   by   3 months 4 days ago

It's running out??

• Reply to: Casino   by   3 months 5 days ago

Apparently the Savoy calls for Old Tom Gin,  with 1/4 oz lemon juice and 1/4 oz Maraschino and orange bitters.  Anyways that combination makes a fantastic drink!

• Reply to: Presbyterian's Revenge   by   3 months 5 days ago

Curated this: Added source citation and creator information. Brought drink in line with the cited link - 1.5 oz Black Grouse instead of 2, no orange bitters), added grapefruit twist as garnish. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Negroni   by   3 months 5 days ago

I've been enjoying this Negroni variant. Equal parts:

Gin

Kina L'Avion D'Or

Byrrh

Lemon twist.

Rocks or stirred and strained.

• Reply to: Las Meninas   by   3 months 5 days ago

Great painting.  Great drink.  So what are we gonna do when the Abbott's runs out.?

• Reply to: Trident   by   3 months 5 days ago

This link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO5pAEku0wI  uses Linie, Lustau's Amontillado and Cynar - dry sherry covers a really wide range of flavors!  Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Las Meninas   by   3 months 1 week ago

Great name!

• Reply to: Rapscallion   by   3 months 1 week ago

Made with Laphroaig 10 year old and Delgado Zuleta's Monteagudo PX. Wonderful!

• Reply to: 5000 Rupees   by   3 months 1 week ago