• Banana Daq   8 weeks 4 hours ago

Leave it to the Doctor to have invented the Banana Daiquiri centuries before the Daiquiri itself.

• Banana Daq   8 weeks 13 hours ago

Credit where it's due, Rafa - created by Doctor Who, surely: http://www.diffordsguide.com/en/magazine/2013-11-19/3/doctor-who

• Royal Bermuda Yacht Club   8 weeks 16 hours ago

Good but I found it a bit tart, cut it back to heavy 1/2 oz and found it to be better balanced

• Cubed Old Fashioned   8 weeks 4 days ago

fantastic twist on a classic! subbed out the Appletons for Zaya 12 year, and used a Tesseron XO because that's all I had. Going to my favorite store to get some Remy becuase this one is going into rotation.

• Rivington Punch   8 weeks 5 days ago

Used finger lakes raspberry liqueur. Extremely light, fun and summery. My wife had three. Three!

• Souracher   8 weeks 6 days ago

Anyone have guidance on how to pronounce the name of this drink?
    Sur rahtch er?
    Soo rahsh ay?
    Sour Acre?

• ...and he'll trace his path by the stars that blanket the sky.   9 weeks 8 hours ago

This inspired a tasty, well spiced digestive: 1/2 oz each of falernum (homemade) and Averna, angostura and 1/4 oz fernet. Most tasty at room temp, no ice.

• Grey Garden   9 weeks 23 hours ago

Is that 2 1/2 ounces of tea leaves or 2 1/2 ounces of brewed tea? The link is not very helpful.

Zachary

• Bombardier   9 weeks 5 days ago

Looks good. How's the St. George coffee liqueur?

• Bombardier   9 weeks 5 days ago

Not a huge coffee cocktail guy. I played with this a bit:

2 oz rye
    3/4 oz Campari
    3/8 oz Coffee liqueur (St George)
    3/8 oz dry vermouth
    3/8 oz Punt e Mes
    1 d mole bitters

I liked this very much.

• Chaplin   9 weeks 6 days ago

Made this tonight with Amaro Montenegro and it was delightful.

• Dewey D.   10 weeks 12 hours ago

Enjoyed. Don't overdo the Angostura and the orange twist is a must.

• Summer of Sureau   10 weeks 5 days ago

Lacking the Boston bitters, I substituted Regan's. I found it too sweet, but improved by replacing the pineapple syrup with unsweetened juice.

• Eclipse   10 weeks 5 days ago

This drink is sometimes made in equal parts with mezcal as the base spirit and no tequila (or rinse). I prefer it that way, but in either version it's a top shelf drink. (Source: asking at The NoMad.)

• Raindog   10 weeks 6 days ago

Refernce to another drink of the same name notes- “The Bourbon anchors the cocktail, the Amaro Diesus adds aroma and Angostura bitters gives it complexity.” But can't locate the recipe or Marie Celeste’s Carlos Madriz.

• Bernardino Sour   11 weeks 23 hours ago

Craig,

It looks like that's the case, though Matt says "shake the drink until it fully expands", so I'd imagine the texture and volume are significantly different than a normal drink.

Zachary

• Bernardino Sour   11 weeks 1 day ago

Is this really supposed to be strained? I don't really get the 4oz drink in an empty highball.

• Andean Exposition   11 weeks 3 days ago

Just tried this along with the Reposado version mentioned (Jalisco Expedition?). Both were very good. Great use of sloe gin. May have even slightly preferred the tequila version.

• Cucumber Calypso   11 weeks 4 days ago

Made this with cucumber-infused gin and simple syrup. Very nice. I like the cherry flavors that come out of these Angostura-heavy drinks. Mistakenly served it up, which tasted great but I guess made it disappear too quickly. 5/5

• Helen of Troy Does Countertop Dancing   11 weeks 4 days ago

Very good, though a bit sweet so I served it over ice, topped with a little club soda, and added a big sprig of mint and it was perfect for a summer afternoon . This is where the rest of my applejack will be used.

• Frosun   11 weeks 5 days ago

Very fun and a conversation-starter for guests. Unsurprisingly delicious with gin. I made a version with mezcal and called it an Axolotl, after a Mexican salamander that exhibits neoteny (the property of only maturing if certain conditions are met, say if an ice cube warms enough to dilute a drink with Aperol).

• Easy Street Fizz   12 weeks 3 days ago

After posting, I realized this looks like Schmidt's takeoff from his own Easy Street (with the addition of egg white being the main difference).

• Gascon Smash   12 weeks 5 days ago

Awesome summer drink, thanks for posting. My armagnac is marie duffau, and I used a mirabelle plum brandy. Next time I'll try my clear creek slivovitz- it's heavier and funkier and I think it would work well too. Worth the hassle of having to unclog plum pulp from the strainer a couple times.

• Spiced Rum Old Fashioned   13 weeks 2 days ago

Great combo of flavors, but using Angostura, recommend 2 dashes. (Pucker). This should help me get through this 1.75 liters of Sailor Jerry I was gifted.

• The Onset   13 weeks 5 days ago

This was great. Close enough to a negroni to be delicious, but different enough to be a surprise.