• Reply to: Espresso Martini   by   1 month 3 weeks ago

Ugh.

• Reply to: Dandelion Cocktail (Miker)   by   1 month 3 weeks ago

Sorry... The orange flower water goes in it. The garnish is a flower. Thanks, Mike

• Reply to: Dandelion Cocktail (Miker)   by   1 month 3 weeks ago

Do you mean the orange flower water is a garnish or some other sort of flower? Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Loose noose   by   1 month 3 weeks ago

Curated this: removed description to avoid copyright. Corrected sherry to fino sherry, 1/2 oz of allspice dram to 1/2 tsp, added orange peel garnish all as per cited link. Added creator information and date. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Red Danube   by   1 month 3 weeks ago

<br />This is my first cocktail using Zwack liqueur, and I must say it made a favorable first impression. Unlike an earlier comment, I could not discern a mint taste. The Campari, however, made its presence known, but only mildly so. As for this drink I personally rate it 4.5. An exceptionally good drink--either before or after dinner--but I favor before.

• Reply to: A Brighter Summer Day   by   1 month 3 weeks ago

Maybe I have old Becherovka, but I felt the cinnamon needed the extra kick which is why I went with Fee's. I agree about the apricot, but I'm trying to finish a bottle of peach liqueur someone gave me and this is the best use I've found for it. I'll experiment with bitters this weekend and report back.

• Reply to: Espresso Martini   by   1 month 3 weeks ago

Curated this: removed history to avoid copyright. As a note, we typically frown on X Martinis and they usually stay unpublished. But given the creator of the drink and the efforts underway at the time to simplify and innovate the lackluster cocktail scene, I feel it's an important part of pre-Renaissance cocktail history. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Sabotta Dusk   by   1 month 3 weeks ago

Very nice, very, smooth, and very delicious. The ingredients blend together so well that it's difficult to discern the rye whiskey or cognac. I suspect that drinkers who are not fond of rye whiskey will find this drink to their lliking. I rated this 4.5, and good to the last drop!

• Reply to: A Brighter Summer Day   by   1 month 3 weeks ago

Strong on the cinnamon from the Becherovka. Use bitters that are without cinnamon. Made with apricot because peach tends toward Jolly Rancher. Fits the name very well.

• Reply to: The Winthrop   by   1 month 4 weeks ago

Too sweet for my tastes, but the flavors are nice. Next time I'll probably omit the Aperol in favor of several dashes of bitters.

• Reply to: Fears and Failures   by   1 month 4 weeks ago

Very nice. I topped with Founders Curmudgeon ale, which gave this a bit of a molasses background that played well with the other ingredients.

• Reply to: All Jacked Up   by   2 months 9 hours ago

Renamed from "Mayahuel's All Jacked Up" as per user Craig E, citing Mayahuel's on-line menu.

• Reply to: All Jacked Up   by   2 months 1 day ago

Quite good, but I might reduce the sweet Vermouth to .75oz next time.

• Reply to: The Mojo   by   2 months 3 days ago

Kinda tastes like fancy-ass Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Which is a good thing.

• Reply to: Albuquerque Old Fashioned   by   2 months 6 days ago

Interesting drink.  It's old fashioned for the first half second, then the habanero kicks in and lingers.  I love habanero flavor, but it takes some getting used to in drink form.  First time I've had one that tasted like this.  Definitely worth trying.

• Reply to: Cargo Cult   by   2 months 1 week ago

This evening I actually tried mango puree instead of guava juice after seeing your question about subs for guava juice. I have been using Smith and Cross for the rum (as the boozenerds used for the final recipe) and I thought the mango did not tame the navy-strength rum as well as the guava juice. Maybe if I was using a lower proof rum it would have been more to my liking.

• Reply to: Hanky Panky   by   2 months 1 week ago

• Reply to: 18th Century   by   2 months 1 week ago

Thanks to a user tip, curated this - changed MB Apry to MB white Creme de Cacao as per the Death and Co. book. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Butter, Lemon, Smoke   by   2 months 2 weeks ago

Used Sheep Dip Islay in place of Peat Monster. 5 star.

• Reply to: Improved Whiskey Cocktail   by   2 months 2 weeks ago

Absinthe can be used as rinse - in Sazerac fashion.

• Reply to: Vessel 75   by   2 months 2 weeks ago

Curated this. Removed picture to avoid copyright. Moved foam recipe to the notes, clarified instructions. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Mexican Cloud   by   2 months 2 weeks ago

Curated this: Removed picture to avoid copyright issues. Removed foam recipe to the notes section, moved creator and source citation to their proper locations. Added date. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: La Bateleur   by   2 months 2 weeks ago

Subbed with Carpano Antica. Wow, what a drink!!

• Reply to: The Graduate   by   2 months 2 weeks ago

Used Cocchi Americano for the sweet vermouth. The resulting cocktail was light, but tasty due to the Americano.

• Reply to: Lake County Remembered   by   2 months 2 weeks ago

Curated from Pear liqueur (which would be sweetened) to Pear eau de vie, which is unaged clear distilled unsweetened fermented pear juice. That's what is pictured in the photo. Unfortunately, pear "brandy" is ambiguous these days because it is often used to describe pear liqueur -- and usually of awful quality. It's best to avoid the confusion and not call it brandy.