• Reply to: Dante's Requiem   by   1 month 4 weeks ago

Clever clever clever. The Chartreuse fits in perfectly.

• Reply to: Orange Union   by   1 month 4 weeks ago

Curated this slightly - simplified the note on the Bourbon -  all OGD variants are high-rye, edited to "bonded".  Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Slow Decay   by   2 months 7 hours ago

I thought I was over IPAs. I may be back on board.

• Reply to: Dante's Requiem   by   2 months 1 day ago

This cocktail is shockingly well-balanced. A work of genius.

• Reply to: Kümmel Trident (Jack Rose)   by   2 months 2 days ago

I wonder if this might be a good use for Cynar 70.  Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Kümmel Trident (Jack Rose)   by   2 months 2 days ago

Not too sweet at all with Combier kümmel, but your mileage may vary.

• Reply to: Kümmel Trident (Jack Rose)   by   2 months 2 days ago

Hmmm. Aquavit isn't sweetened. I'm skeptical of the sugar balance in this one....

• Reply to: Scarlet Knight   by   2 months 3 days ago

Based on ingredients on hand, omitted the eau de vie spritzed mint sprig, but substituted St. George Terroir gin to add some fir/forest essence.  Also substituted a few dashes of rhubarb bitters for the Zucca.  Fantastic holiday cocktail.

• Reply to: Williamsburg   by   2 months 3 days ago

Deliciously smoky. A perfect aperitif for potato-apple-cheddar soup on a cold day.

• Reply to: The Secret Is in the Telling   by   2 months 6 days ago

That must be what the secret is.

• Reply to: The Secret Is in the Telling   by   2 months 1 week ago

That's a good question. The link is broken, and the current cocktail menu doesn't have this on it. Perhaps the OP can chime in, but it's not lime peel as garnish. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: The Secret Is in the Telling   by   2 months 1 week ago

Can someone explain where the second portion of lime juice is to be used, please?

• Reply to: Harvest Moon   by   2 months 1 week ago

Good on first try. I'll tweak to taste, but it's on my menu.

• Reply to: Fancy Free   by   2 months 1 week ago

Suggests you stir in-glass with a large cube, and serve with orange twist garnish.

• Reply to: Autumn's Daiquiri   by   2 months 2 weeks ago

I just made this with Schilling ginger cider which added nicely to the Thanksgiving vibe.

• Reply to: The Manhattan Transfer   by   2 months 3 weeks ago

One of my favourites from the D&C book (which omits the lemon, but both versions are good).

• Reply to: Bombay Sour   by   2 months 3 weeks ago

Curated this: removed references to fresh ingredients - that's assumed here at Kindred Cocktails. Changed amount of cardamom powder from dash to pinch. Changed amount of tamarind from dash to teaspoon (I'm guessing you want a small amount of tamarind paste muddled with the ginger).

When you say "shake with ice in batches", do you mean that all the liquid is batched, then shaken over fresh ice for each drink? Are the muddled ingredients meant to be quartered and added to each fresh shaker?  Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Racketeer   by   2 months 3 weeks ago

Excellent. I will definitely make this again.

Flavors open with honey and progress slowly through a honeyed Chartreuse spice and then a minty complexity reminiscent of Fernet Branca. It fades into balanced and pleasant bitterness. (I used del maguey vida and 1/4+1/4oz punt e mes & cinzano.)

It's on the sweet side, especially at the start. I'd love to keep the rich complexity and spice while reducing some of the sweetness.

• Reply to: Marta of the Spring   by   2 months 3 weeks ago

Tasted a bit sweet to me; added a few dashes of Peychauds bitters.

• Reply to: Culross Cocktail (Teardrop Lounge)   by   2 months 3 weeks ago

Not bad.  I used Havana Club since the original called for pre-embargo Cuban Bacardi.  I think it would have been better wiih the richer demerara or a funky Jamaican run.

• Reply to: Tommy's Margarita   by   2 months 3 weeks ago

Curated this due to a curation request - found an authentic recipe, which is cited as reference, fixed proportions to meet citation. Added apostrophe.  Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Mai Tai (Trader Vic's)   by   2 months 3 weeks ago

In my experience 2 oz of Smith & Cross instead of the Jamaica/Agricole mix work very well. And using Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao is contributing to the depth of the cocktail.

• Reply to: Dashfire   by   3 months 17 min ago

Warming, nutty, and delicious.

• Reply to: Holy Mole   by   3 months 2 days ago

Curated this slightly. Added citation link. Adjusted drink as per the link (1/4 Benedictine --> 1/2). Added instructions. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Autumn's Dawn   by   3 months 2 days ago

A very nice fall drink! Also tried it with 1/4 maple syrup and 1/4 cinnamon syrup, and a couple dashes of whiskey barrel aged bitters-that seemed to moderate the sweetness a little, but kept things smooth.