• Williwaw Swizzle   29 weeks 5 days ago

Thanks Zachary!

• Nerina   29 weeks 6 days ago

Delicious. I added a dash of wormwood bitters to offset the sweet Meletti a bit. Really good.

• Williwaw Swizzle   29 weeks 6 days ago

It does now!

Zachary

• Stocking a Better Bar   30 weeks 6 hours ago

I would add Calle 23 as a great 100% agave tequila at an excellent (~$20) price point. And a peaty Scotch (like Bowmore Legend or Black Bottle at the budget end or Aberlour 10 or Lagavulin 16 a few shelves up) has a lot of use in contemporary cocktails, while something like Glenmorangie 10 or Speyburn 10 is both cheaper and more reminiscent of a standard Scotch profile than the sherried (and excellent) Balvenie and Aberlour. But these are quibbles. I'll forward this series of articles to friends who are interested in building their own home bars.

• Cosmopolitan   30 weeks 8 hours ago

The Cosmo was balanced around cranberry cocktail. I think pure cranberry juice is a good addition (and an excellent ingredient in its own right), but a vodka daisy bittered with cranberry is a different drink.

• Judgment Day   30 weeks 18 hours ago

Kind of a pisco sour with elderflower instead of simple syrup... me likey.

• Cosmopolitan   30 weeks 18 hours ago

Would use 1/2 oz of pure cranberry juice (like from Lakewood), for bitterness and red color, NOT the cranberry juice COCKTAIL from Ocean Spray et al. (Cranberry juice cocktail is mostly apple juice.)

• Corpse Reviver #2   30 weeks 18 hours ago

Must use Cocchi Americano, not Lillet Blanc.

• The Art of Choke   30 weeks 21 hours ago

Made this with Depaz Agricole before I learned not all rums are interchangeable and had to pour it down the sink.
    2 months later I made it with Wray and Nephew and it was lovely.

• East Coast Tommy Margarita   30 weeks 23 hours ago

I agree. I'm all for Jackson Cannon and what he has done for cocktails in the Kendall Square area of Boston, but this steps far enough away from a Margarita as to be a different drink. I Margarita is about the interplay of the pepper of the blanco, the fruit of the triple sec, and the sweet/sour balance of the liqueur and lime. Plus salt of course.

• Amore Sporco   30 weeks 1 day ago

Dayri,

Can you tell us more about the tincture? Is it a rum base and bittered?

Zachary

• The Paul Clifford   30 weeks 1 day ago

Ginger what? Juice, syrup, liqueur ... ?

• East Coast Tommy Margarita   30 weeks 2 days ago

I was discussing this idea of subbing Cointreau for agave syrup with a friend the other night, and I just don't understand the appeal - it's a tequila sour, which is fine and all that, but it's not a Margarita.

Zachary

• Third Ward Zombie   30 weeks 2 days ago

Could you give us an idea of how to make the drink (and your other entry)?

Zachary

• Don's Little Bitter   30 weeks 4 days ago

This is amazing. It's complex yet refreshing. I used Fee Bros Orange instead of the Angostura orange. Not sure how different they are. Also, per Dan's recommendation, I used a teaspoon each of the 3 bitters.

• Last Snowstorm of the Season   31 weeks 7 hours ago

Last? I envy your optimism.

• My Dear, Rosemary   31 weeks 1 day ago

I just made this drink and love it!

• Greenpoint   31 weeks 5 days ago

I'm capturing this version for posterity before moderating the recipe to a more authentic version:

Previous version:
    2oz Rye
    1/2oz Punt e Mes
    1/2oz Yellow Chartreuse
    1d Angostura
    1d Orange bitters
    1tw lemon peel

• Greenpoint   31 weeks 5 days ago

Merged a duplicate from user hoarsefly which had 2 oz Bourbon, 1oz Punt e Mes, 1tsp Pastis, and 1d Angostura. "I subbed Belle Meade Bourbon for the original Rye, and Herbsaint for the original yellow Chartreuse."

• Death's Door Cocktail   32 weeks 1 hour ago

does deaths door make a navy strength gin?

• Vieux Mode   32 weeks 18 hours ago

so, what happened to our buddy fargo? he pulled his one and only cocktail?

• Black Manhattan   32 weeks 1 day ago

I found that adding a couple of dashes of Scrappy's Cardamom Bitters (as well as Angostura) further enhanced the complexity of this drink

• Vieux Mode   32 weeks 1 day ago

We appear to have found the first Kindred troll! Maybe if you make it an honest-to-goodness middle-ground old-fashioned it will go away....

• Arrack Sour   32 weeks 1 day ago

It may not be for everyone, but the Maraschino and Batavia Arrack really worked for me, two unusual flavors working in concert - 4 stars

• Vieux Mode   32 weeks 2 days ago

What is a dishonest recipe?