• Reply to: Spur of the Moment   by   11 months 13 hours ago

Yep. She would get a kick out of you referring to her that way.

• Reply to: Spur of the Moment   by   11 months 18 hours ago

THE Jessica Gonzalez?

• Reply to: Chet Helms   by   11 months 18 hours ago

Don't make this with Kappa pisco. It tastes like soap.

• Reply to: Cin-Cyn   by   11 months 3 days ago

Name changed from Gin-Cin-Cyn to align better with most sources.

• Reply to: Cider Shandy   by   11 months 3 days ago

Curated this. Clarified amaro. Removed the 3 cubes of ice in the original. Added lemon peel as garnish. Rewrote instructions to avoid copyright. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Fir Gin Fix   by   11 months 3 days ago

Doubled down on the fir with St. George Terroir. Tasty.

• Reply to: Petrichor   by   11 months 4 days ago

I messed up the original post due to mobile issues. The bitters in the cocktail is Fenugreek bitters.

• Reply to: Petrichor   by   11 months 5 days ago

Hi,

Which Bitter Truth bitters are you thinking about here? Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Montresor & Fortunato   by   11 months 6 days ago

Nice and balanced. I included the elderflower and used fee brothers bitters.

• Reply to: Islay Dawn   by   11 months 1 week ago

Curated from 1/2 to 1/4 oz simple as per reference.

• Reply to: Bitter Apricot   by   11 months 1 week ago

A rare cocktail that appeals to both cocktail geeks (me) and people who like sweet things (wife, friends).

• Reply to: Cuzco   by   11 months 1 week ago

Curated this: Merged the Barbary Lights into this drink - the Cuzco erroneously had lime juice instead of the lemon juice at the cited link. Changed lime juice to lemon juice. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Amaro Sour   by   11 months 2 weeks ago

Agreed with Christina - reducing St Germain to 3/4 oz is an improvement, as is muddling the cherries before shaking. I also prefer it with Tanqueray instead of Plymouth. Very good as written but excellent with those changes!

• Reply to: Roman Holiday 2   by   11 months 2 weeks ago

This is nice, if not a bit sweet.  I might cut the simple to 1/4 oz to test it.

• Reply to: Venetian   by   11 months 2 weeks ago

I used Cynar instead of Campari and Lillet Blanc instead of dry vermouth and it was pretty good

• Reply to: Double Punch   by   11 months 2 weeks ago

Curated this. Changed instructions to reflect the cited link.  Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Double Punch   by   11 months 2 weeks ago

Suggested edit: According to the reference the Instructions should read: Mix with 3 quick shakes; pour over ice in a rocks glass and garnish with grapefruit. The current instructions are to serve up.

• Reply to: Pocket Square   by   11 months 2 weeks ago

Deliciously bitter. My wife won't stop taking sips.

• Reply to: Casino   by   11 months 3 weeks ago

There are a few different ratios used for this cocktail, but I believe the Savoy calls for 2 dashes (1/8 oz or so) each on the maraschino and lemon juice, not 3/4 oz.

• Reply to: After Coffee   by   11 months 3 weeks ago

Really nice.

• Reply to: Ragtime   by   11 months 3 weeks ago

It is an odd instruction.  Tried the drink last night with a mist of absinthe in the serving glass and I still think it got lost.  Not a bad drink overall, through.

• Reply to: Ragtime   by   11 months 3 weeks ago

I suppose it depends on what your definition of a drop is - I can't see how a drop of anything would coat the inside of a mixing glass (or be noticeable through an ounce of spirit and an ounce of amaro). From what I can tell, 6 drops = 1 dash, though a dash isn't a very specific sort of measurement.  Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Ragtime   by   11 months 3 weeks ago

Looks to me like the referenced recipe calls for one *drop*, rather than one dash, of absinthe, to rinse the mixing glass.

That's the alternative given to misting the mixing glass with absinthe.

(As an aside, I don't quite get the point of doing such a rinse on the mixing vessel.)

• Reply to: Single Father's Day   by   11 months 3 weeks ago

Really? The combination sounds interesting, but I can't imagine wanting more than 1/2 oz blackberry juice.

• Reply to: Ragtime   by   11 months 3 weeks ago

Curated this. Removed note and rewrote instructions to avoid copyright issues. Clarified instructions to match our guidelines to the cited link. Thanks,  Zachary