• Tango 'til They're Sore   22 weeks 4 days ago

Glad you liked it.

• Tango 'til They're Sore   22 weeks 4 days ago

Well this was just fantastic. I made i with bourbon instead of rye, because that's what my guest prefers, but I can see how the spice of the rye would elevate it further.

• Vesper   22 weeks 4 days ago

A very nice cocktail, sophisticated-tasting...and a great way to get soused quickly!

• Pompeii   22 weeks 6 days ago

Kyle,

What style of Madeira do you prefer here? I'd guess the bitters are Scrappy's?

Zachary

• Ginger spice   22 weeks 6 days ago

Curated this slightly - changed flavored vodka, Smirnoff to vodka, Smirnoff - generally, if you're doing the flavoring, it's better to put that in the notes field. Removed fresh squeezed from lemon juice - we assume you're using fresh stuff.

Oh, and as the proud owner of Scrappy's Cardamom, it's weapons grade stuff. 6 drops is going to blow out your drink.

Zachary

• And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside Out   23 weeks 1 hour ago

Rafa,

Probably not - you need the elderflower underpinning of the Dolin. It certainly is interesting, though. My wife seemed to think it tasted like grape Fun-Dip. To me, it's almost like drinking a really good Muscadet - where it's almost neutral, but shimmers around the edges with flavor - only the flavors here are like that Japanese gummy Muscat candy.

Zach

• And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside Out   23 weeks 2 hours ago

Thank you for naming a drink for a Yo La Tengo reference other than Autumn Sweater, which bartenders seem to love. This looks interesting—I wonder whether it'll work with Noilly Prat.

• Ides of March   23 weeks 9 hours ago

When the recipe was submitted, the program would not accept blood orange syrup as an ingredient. It has now been corrected.

• Ides of March   23 weeks 14 hours ago

Is the recipe correct?? shouldn't it be 3/4 ox blood orange syrup....rather than Juice?

• Summer Hemingway   23 weeks 1 day ago

Excellent. Surprisingly balanced. I used white grapefruit.

• Building a Better Bar   23 weeks 2 days ago

I use a lightly modified wine rack with good shelving. Surprisingly, it's spacious enough to hold most of my booze if I get creative about it, though I still keep a spare bottle or two (usually Scotch) on our adjacent desk to distract my girlfriend when she's supposed to be reading medical books. The rig's a bit overburdened-looking though and I still have nightmares about the whole thing collapsing.

• Building a Better Bar   23 weeks 2 days ago

You know, I'd love to see what solution people have come up with for their bars. Dan, could we set up a page for people to link their pictures if enough people want to do it?

I just wanted this thing built right the first time. The bad thing is it's already almost too full ;)

Zachary

• Building a Better Bar   23 weeks 3 days ago

that's a gorgeous piece. i've repurposed two ethan allen hutches stacked atop chests of drawers for mine. i love it, but i fell victim to only planning for what i had, not what i'd end up having--thanks for the well thought out ideas and suggestions

• The Search for Delicious   23 weeks 4 days ago

Amazing.

• Scotch Lodge   23 weeks 4 days ago

Looks like Imbibe corrected their version as well.

• Scotch Lodge   23 weeks 4 days ago

Moderated to correct Scotch quantity as per e-mail from Tommy Klus.

• P.P.X.   23 weeks 4 days ago

:-)

"P.X., P.P.X., P.P.P.X. ... Levels of V.I.P.

[The various P.X. designations are widely used in the restaurant business. It is thought that they are an abbreviation of Personne (Particulièrement) Extraordinaire.]"

• P.P.X.   23 weeks 4 days ago

Do you stutter when you say "Pedro"?

• My Idea of Fun   23 weeks 5 days ago

So good. This combination of rums is phenomenal.

• Swipe   23 weeks 5 days ago

Great drink, love what those bitters add!

• Egg Nug   23 weeks 6 days ago

fair enough.

• Egg Nug   23 weeks 6 days ago

I've always found both Branca products to have a definite pot(still?) funk.

That said:

Jamaican rum, Smith & Cross (marijuana-infused; primo only—no stems, no seeds; Colorado and Washington states only)

Garnish with grated nug.

• Egg Nug   23 weeks 6 days ago

You forgot the marijuana.

• No. 67   24 weeks 3 hours ago

Curated this slightly - changed Aged Citrus Bitters, 5 by 5 to Bitters, 5 by 5 Aged Citrus, just to clean up the ingredient pile.

Zachary

• No. 67   24 weeks 3 hours ago

done and done--you were totally right with the bitters call