• Reply to: Portwine Stain   by   7 months 4 days ago

Made this with Smith & Cross and El Dorado 15, as that's what I have on hand at the moment. Marvelous.

• Reply to: PPX   by   7 months 4 days ago

My wife and I thank you for passing this along! 5 star.

• Reply to: Italian Greyhound   by   7 months 6 days ago

Thinking this might be a touch low-proof, I tried:

1 1/2 oz Carpano Antica
    3/8 oz Aperol
    3/8 oz Campari
    3/8 oz Maraschino
    3/4 to 1 oz lime juice
    salted rim, big rock

Delicious.

• Reply to: Seven Oaks   by   7 months 1 week ago

Curated this: added garnishes. Added new ingredient, Fee Brothers Molasses Bitters. As an aside, adding the "creator" and "date created" fields is helpful.  Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Canela Punch   by   7 months 1 week ago

Curated this slightly: added granishes. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Hugo Montenegro   by   7 months 1 week ago

Curated slightly to remove "100% agave". That should be assumed. This isn't Kindred Craptails, after all. ;)

• Reply to: Italian Greyhound   by   7 months 1 week ago

Excellent name!

• Reply to: Shipwreck   by   7 months 1 week ago

Thank you!

• Reply to: Shipwreck   by   7 months 1 week ago

Curated this slightly. Added year, added link, changed Cruzan to Cruzan 151 as per link. Thanks, Zachary

• Reply to: The Warden   by   7 months 1 week ago

Quick question - do you have a recipe for the mulberry syrup? Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Gin Blossom   by   7 months 1 week ago

Martin Doudoroff's Modern Classics cocktail app specifies 1.5 oz vermouth rather than .75 oz. As that's a lot of vermouth and the Food & Wine recipe seems more in line with what I've had at Clover Cluv, I'm leaving it at .75 oz vermouth for now.

• Reply to: Cherry Blossom   by   7 months 1 week ago

A nice looking sour with the machino flavour. Used slightly less Luxardo and slightly less lemon juice, but still could have gone less still, or added syrup.

• Reply to: Elephant Flip   by   7 months 1 week ago

I had this back when my bar hosted a Franklin pop-up in NYC. This is so much more delicious than it has any right to be. What looks like a hodgepodge of ingredients on paper comes together into rich deliciousness on the tongue. Recommended.

• Reply to: Diamondback (Yellow)   by   7 months 2 weeks ago

Curated this. Fixed the instructions - this is stirred. Added Notes, history, page number in the citation. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Diamondback (Yellow)   by   7 months 2 weeks ago

I think this drink is meant to be stirred.

• Reply to: Fontana   by   7 months 2 weeks ago

Actually reminds me more of a Bijou than a Manhattan (although it's not much like either). I made it with Bulleitt rye but the other flavors somewhat overwhelmed the rye.

• Reply to: Fancy Free   by   7 months 2 weeks ago

Death & Co. specs Rittenhouse rye for this.

• Reply to: Ramos Gin Fizz   by   7 months 2 weeks ago

Add the cream after the dry shake. This will allow the other ingredients to foam up as quickly and beautifully as in any other non-dairy egg white sour. Shake it again with cream and ice, and very slowly top off the drink with the freshest soda water you have, pausing to let it settle, and then adding more to foam a cloud of foam above the rim of the glass. Don't mar the presentation with straws or garnishes of any kind. Bask and enjoy.

• Reply to: Separatist Gimlet   by   7 months 2 weeks ago

Curated this: rewrote instructions to avoid copyright. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Hartwood Cocktail   by   7 months 2 weeks ago

Thanks!

• Reply to: Hartwood Cocktail   by   7 months 2 weeks ago

Curated this. Rewrote instructions and shrub instructions to avoid copyright issues. Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Polka Dot Negroni   by   7 months 3 weeks ago

Curated this: rewrote instructions to avoid copyright, changed "brandied cherry, Luxardo" to "cherry, Luxardo" (Luxardo cherries aren't brandied). Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Maximalist Green Swizzle   by   7 months 3 weeks ago

In this article he had 1 tsp of green creme de menthe also:

• Reply to: To Hell with Spain   by   7 months 3 weeks ago

Not sure the absinthe adds a complementary flavor. I would try omitting it next time.

• Reply to: Winter's Blush   by   7 months 3 weeks ago

It's a bit odd at first but it grows on you. At first I thought that the Chartreuse came on a bit strong but by sip two or three my objections subsided. It's a good, old-school tasting cocktail and I'll be putting it into rotation. Also, nice presentation. Edit: I read bsp as Tbsp so my version had 1/2 oz of simple syrup. I liked it though.