• Reply to: Coquito (Simple)   by   1 month 3 days ago

This is delicious. I assumed the creator meant 3/4 oz of Planation 5 and not the 1 1/4 oz shown in the notes, which would require the drink have 2 oz of rum.

• Reply to: John the Baptist   by   1 month 5 days ago

Interesting flavors arranged inventively, but for me at least, too sweet to work as a punch or grog, and too big to work as a dessert drink.

• Reply to: The Grapefruit Never Lies   by   1 month 5 days ago

EDIT: Thanks for the fix!

• Reply to: Goodbye Marie   by   1 month 6 days ago

Updated this with a response from the creator - he prefers Fee's Whisky Barrel Aged or their Old Fashioned.  Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Paper Flower   by   1 month 6 days ago

Which of the Sun Liquor gins do you prefer here? Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: American Beauty   by   1 month 6 days ago

It is a bit sweet as written but using just squeezed fresh OJ, homemade grendadine and tawny port moderates the sweetness to a good degree.

• Reply to: The Broken Spur   by   1 month 1 week ago

Yes, this one is a keeper.  I accidentally used a dusting of nutmeg instead of ginger one time I was making one of these, and I think it is nicer than the ginger.

• Reply to: The Broken Spur   by   1 month 1 week ago

Kinda surprised at how much I dig this. The ingredients are not odd at all, but, I dunno, I guess I didn't expect them to come together like they do. It'll be in rotation for when I have yolks to use up.

• Reply to: Final Ward   by   1 month 2 weeks ago

User kscheibner suggest Yellow Chartreuse and general "whiskey" as The Final Word.

• Reply to: American Beauty   by   1 month 2 weeks ago

Curated this slightly - This appears in Embury and in the Savoy. It has the feel of a Prohibition-era drink: sweet, with a lot of orange juice. I can't wrap my brain around OJ, and Port and creme de menthe...  Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Corpse Defiler #666   by   1 month 2 weeks ago

This is a nice drink, and it deserves a nicer name!

• Reply to: You Only Live Twice   by   1 month 2 weeks ago

Although I forgot the absinthe rinse, I really enjoyed this drink. I used Senior's white Curacao, which I like, and Old Overholt Rye, which I don't like as much as Bulleit's.  But I would say that this drink is my favorite of the 4 or 5 similar recipes I tried out over the weekend (Fernetaboutit, Corpse Defiler 666, Bitter Apricot, Death is not the End).

• Reply to: Fernetaboutit   by   1 month 2 weeks ago

This is a nice drink.  Over the weekend, I made a Fernetaboutit, Death is not the End, Corpse Defiler 666, Bitter Apricot, and a You Only Live Twice.  I was looking for ways to use Bonal Gentiane Quina, at first.  This drink is a good digestif, I will surely make it again.

• Reply to: Death Is Not The End   by   1 month 2 weeks ago

Based on the recipe, I made one of these with Liber's Pineapple Gum Syrup, rather than the pineapple juice discussed in several of the comments.  I thought I was a very nice after-dinner drink, with the Fernet herbals winning out over the Chartreuse.

• Reply to: The Sanny   by   1 month 2 weeks ago

A little too sweet.

• Reply to: Gypsy Eyes   by   1 month 3 weeks ago

Got it. As an aside, this is why it's so important to properly cite the creator, year and location a drink was first made. Imagine if people took good notes back pre-Prohibition. We'd know a lot more about cocktails today than we do.  Thanks,  Zachary

• Reply to: Gypsy Eyes   by   1 month 3 weeks ago

This drink is by Jessica Gonzalez.

• Reply to: Shelter from the Storm   by   1 month 3 weeks ago

Just made a glass of this.  Delicious.  Despite a large amount of non-alcoholic ingredients, it never feels diluted or washed out, and the rum shines through very nicely.

• Reply to: Singapore Cricket Club Gin Sling   by   1 month 4 weeks ago

I like this but it needs a catchier name.  Maybe something cricket based.  There's already a Leg Before Wicket, what about the Spin Bowler?

• Reply to: The Rhyme & Reason   by   2 months 13 hours ago

Good drink! I added another .5oz rum and cut the syrup down to .5oz. Great drink!

• Reply to: Cointreau Palomita   by   2 months 20 hours ago

Curated this per a curation request: Added soda and grapefruit twist, as per the cited link. Thanks,  Zachary.

• Reply to: The Carrauntouhill   by   2 months 1 day ago

I'd leave the cream out: I shook the hell out of it, but the froth dissipated when I added the rest. Maybe some atholl brose instead of the cream?

• Reply to: Sazerac   by   2 months 4 days ago

Rather splendid tonight with Garvey's Esplendido Spanish brandy. Dial back the simple a little.

• Reply to: Flor de Jalisco   by   2 months 4 days ago

FWIW the Death & Co. book has this as 1/4 oz. agave nectar instead of 1/2 oz. agave syrup, and no garnish.

• Reply to: Bedford-Stuyvesant   by   2 months 5 days ago

Now there's a nabe that doesn't deserve a Brooklyn riff.

(Cf. Williamsburg. May that stretch of transplanted Times Square never have a drink to call its own.)