• Pasado de Moda   23 hours 11 min ago

This is very good! We used Licor 43 for the vanilla. It's quite a large drink, but still seemed to be gone too soon ...

• Breakfast   1 day 20 hours ago

Nice, I used a combination of chocolate and orange bitters and I like the subtle interplay 3.5

• Dutch Tulip   1 day 20 hours ago

didn't really care for it, acidic sweetness from the orange juice didn't pair well with the vermouth and genever for my taste

• Honeymusk   1 day 21 hours ago

Yum yum.

• Pasado de Moda   3 days 4 hours ago

Done. I guess "slice" is descriptive enough.

• Pasado de Moda   3 days 18 hours ago

Stew,

How much orange peel? Could you add it to the ingredient list?

Zachary

• Stocking a Better Bar   4 days 8 hours ago

Yeah, it's especially hard with liqueurs, as it's hard enough to finish a bottle of something you like when you are only adding an ounce at most each time you pour. With whiskey, I usually spend a week or so making old-fashioneds until a bottle is kicked and I can move on to something I like better.

• Ten Month Anniversary   4 days 19 hours ago

Very nice Campari sour.

I was tempted to try a Mescal float. Maybe next time.

• The Crafty and Elusive Elk   5 days 5 hours ago

After getting into cocktails about six months ago, and keeping a log of everything I made, I wanted something special for my 100th drink.

The Crafty and Elusive Elk has an intriguing name and an exotic ingredient that I've never used before. Yesterday, I bought a bottle of Del Maguey Vida mezcal specifically for this (couldn't find Sombra).

I was not disappointed.

I'm craving another now.

• Skeleton Key   5 days 21 hours ago

Tasty

• Jungle Bird   6 days 11 hours ago

A slight recipe tweak developed by Giuseppe Gonzalez of Painkiller (NYC) and that can be currently found on the menu at Milk & Honey NYC (thanks to head barman Theo Lieberman), has a dash more Campari (.75) and much less pineapple juice (.5) -- making rum and Campari the dominant flavours, a more bitter and alcoholic drink (also heavily reliant on the quality of the pineapple juice). It's the best variation I've tasted. This NYT piece explains it.

• Armistice   6 days 23 hours ago

Very nice, dry-ish cocktail. A nice alternative to a Red Hook. I did not find 1/4 oz of each liqueur excessive. Lovely.

• The Hoskins Cocktail   1 week 18 hours ago

made this with CioCiaro in place of the Amer Picon, and it is delicious - anything with CioCiaro is delicious!

• Fourth Regiment   1 week 1 day ago

also nice with Peychaud's bitters instead of angosturra

• Stocking a Better Bar   1 week 2 days ago

@bza - I like your article too. One way to control bottle count creep is to make yourself finish up a bottle that you took a chance on and didn't love before you take a chance on some other bottle. I suck at this, however.

• Stocking a Better Bar   1 week 4 days ago

I had it made by the same people who made my bar. I would think that any custom cabinetmaker/woodworker could do it for you - just make it a bit more than 2x as deep as your widest bitters bottle.

Zachary

• Stocking a Better Bar   1 week 5 days ago

Where did you get the tray for the bitters on the bar top? I'd love one exactly like that for our expanding collection. Thanks!

• Father Tai'm   1 week 5 days ago

First thing I made on buying a bottle of Frangelico. I like it - the hazelnut and orange is a surprising combination. Will definitely make again.

• Corpse Reviver #2   1 week 5 days ago

It's good with Plymouth, even better with Bols Genever.

• Spring Cleaning   2 weeks 27 min ago

good catch, yes, its effects were affecting me this morning

• Spring Cleaning   2 weeks 5 hours ago

Curated this - changed 45 cl to 45 ml, unless 15 ounces of pisco is appropriate.

Zachary

• Heisenberg's Blue Sky   2 weeks 8 hours ago

Looking forward to trying one (oh, who am I kidding, several) this summer...

• Wander Back   2 weeks 2 days ago

I was stunned by how good this was, used Martini and Rossi. Not an intuitive match to me but I'm an amateur.

• Fernet Me Not   2 weeks 3 days ago

Thanks. I submitted this on my phone so I was having some issues with the drag down bars.

• Shaka   2 weeks 4 days ago

Nice flavor and the Okolehao stands out on the finish. Used fresh limes of the tree and had some lilikoi on the vine for passion fruit juice.