|3⁄4||oz||Añejo rum, Barbancourt 8 (or other)|
|1||rinse||Islay Scotch, Laphroaig 10|
Rinse glass with Laphroiag. Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake, strain into prepared glass.
This drink's name was coined by Tammy Coxen of Ann Arbor, MI, USA. http://www.tammystastings.com/ This is a tropical version of a corpse reviver. The rinse of Laphroigh gives this a smoky profile up front that adds to the complexity of the drink but doesn't add a ton of smokiness.
Created as part of a Mixology Monday post/contest on cocktailvirgin.blogspot.com. This is a tropical version of a corpse reviver.
From other users
- Made with Pyrat so it was consequently orangey. Nose a little puzzling but the rinse worked well tastewise.
- Wray of Light — Jamaican rum, Falernum, Lime juice, Pineapple syrup, Mint
- Felix Swizzle — Dark rum, Gold rum, Falernum, Absinthe, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Pineapple juice
- Waltz #2 — Pisco, Dry apricot brandy, Elderflower syrup, Lime juice
- Mexican Velvet — Reposado Tequila, Mezcal, Falernum, Lime juice, Pineapple syrup
- New Frontiers — Bourbon, Galliano, Guatemalan rum, Bitters, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Orgeat
- Fay Wray — Crème de Banane, Cognac, Haitian Rum, Martinique Rum, Lime juice, Demerara syrup, Mint, Lime, Banana
- iuka's grogg — Jamaican rum, Demerara Rum, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Passion fruit syrup
- Pastinaca — Reposado Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Reposado mezcal, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice
- Lost Lake — Jamaican rum, Campari, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Passion fruit syrup, Pineapple juice
- Front Steps — Rye, Falernum, Kirschwasser, Peychaud's Bitters, Lemon juice