Thunder Shirt, my riff on Jacob Grier's Lazy Bear mingled with the rum and ginger flavor profile of a Dark & Stormy. With a nod to that miracle product for dogs. This has that same comforting effect on humans.
Shake well with ice and double-strain over fresh ice in a rocks glass.
Thunder Shirt, my riff on a Jacob Grier cocktail (the Lazy Bear) mingled with the rum and ginger flavor profile of a Dark & Stormy. The Thunder Shirt as you may know is the miracle garment for nervous dogs to help usher them through the stress and anxiety of a thunderstorm. This is the human beverage equivalent of that comforting shirt. The harshness of white dog whiskey is tamed with the soothing spice of ginger syrup, accented by the pot still funk of Smith & Cross and balanced with a healthy dose of citrus. The pimento bitters here play the role of a falernum, adding some island spice notes. It's delicious, and I think you'll agree that its cool liquid embrace has a dramatic calming effect (over 80% of nervous drinkers show improvement with one of these in hand—a statistic I just made up).
|Created & posted by||aphonik on 11/27/2013|
- Esmeralda — Cachaça, Elderflower liqueur, Islay Scotch, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Samoan Fog Cutter — Puerto Rican Rum, Brandy, Gin, Ice, Lemon juice, Orange juice, Orgeat, Cream Sherry
- Haitian Witch — Rum, Cherry Liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Lime juice, Agave syrup
- Ja Mon — Cachaça, Dark rum, Falernum, Añejo rum, Walnut Liqueur, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice, Orange bitters
- Ginger Batida aka Ginger Caipirinha — Cachaça, Ginger liqueur, Lime juice, Cherry juice, Grenadine
- Grande Elixir — Cachaça, Herbal liqueur, Honey syrup, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Anastasia — Ginger Vodka, Triple sec, Pomegranate juice, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- Chinese Cocktail — Rum, Triple sec, Bitters, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Grenadine
- Dark and Orangey — Dark rum, Ginger liqueur, Triple sec, Lime juice, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- El Floridita Daiquiri — Rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Simple syrup