Bourbon, Orange liqueur, Cynar, Grapefruit juice
Shake with ice, strain, and serve up with an orange twist.
This cocktail was created for the 2009 Grand Marnier & Navan Mixology Summit in Vail, Colorado.
|Created by||Misty Kalkofen, Drink, Boston, Massachussetts|
|Reference||From the now-defunct 'GM Cocktails' iPhone app.|
|Posted by||TexasCocktailGeek on 05/04/2011|
From other users
Small. Made with dry curacao and ruby red juice. Terrific on the nose, but unremarkable taste.
Very orange-forward, as you might expect. Sort of a not-very-sour whiskey sour.
This has become one of my favorite cocktails of all time - it's pleasantly bitter, not too sweet, and has a nice lift from the grapefruit. I have yet to try it with rye, but I imagine it would be very nice.
- Brown Derby — Bourbon, Grapefruit juice, Honey syrup
- Baren Derby — Bourbon, Bärenjäger, Grapefruit juice, Grapefruit peel
- the Nevins — Bourbon, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Orange juice, Lemon juice
- Samurai — Bourbon, Elderflower liqueur, Grapefruit bitters, Islay Scotch, Grapefruit juice, Rosemary
- Dark Day — Rye, Amer Picon, Bitters, Grapefruit juice, Wild hibiscus syrup
- Blinker — Rye, Grapefruit juice, Raspberry syrup
- Southbound — Tequila, Aperol, Grapefruit bitters, Grapefruit juice, Agave syrup, Rosemary
- Wonky Sand — Rye, Bourbon, Cherry Liqueur, Islay Scotch, Orange juice, Aromatized wine, Orange peel
- War of the Roses — Rye, Tennessee whiskey, Campari, Peychaud's Bitters, Grenadine, Orange juice, Lemon juice
- King of Red Lions — Rye, Orange liqueur, Bitters, Lemon juice, Blood Orange Juice, Raspberry syrup, Mint