The Special Relationship
Scotch, Apple brandy, Bourbon, Rye, Bitters, Demerara syrup, Orange bitters, Lemon peel, Orange peel
Combine all except garnish in a mixing glass with ice. Stir well, pour into old fashioned glass half-filled with ice (preferably one big rock). Cut and twist wide orange and lemon peels over glass, adding to glass as garnish.
I needed a cocktail that combined Scotch, bourbon and rye. I started from The Conference, and riffed from there.
|Created & posted by||endless_optimism on 05/20/2012|
- Autumn Manhattan — Rye, Calvados, Cherry Liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Orange bitters
- Conference — Calvados, Cognac, Bourbon, Rye, Bitters, Demerara syrup
- The Spaniard in the Rye — Brandy, Rye, Triple sec, Salt
- The Handy Bird — Brandy, Rye, Bitters, Absinthe, Pierre Ferrand Dry Curaçao, Lemon peel
- Pasado de Moda — Añejo tequila, Bitters, Vanilla liqueur, Maguey sweet sap, Orange peel
- Benton's Old Fashioned — Bourbon, Bitters, Grade B maple syrup, Orange peel
- Prince Edward — Scotch, Drambuie, Aromatized wine, Orange bitters
- Madison's Revenge — Rye, Bitters, Aromatized wine
- Luxardo Manhattan — Rye, Bitters, Maraschino Liqueur
- Mint Tea Julep — Rye, Amaro, Mint, Demerara syrup