The Perseverance Cocktail
A complex balance of three key tastes that is a tribute to the Boulevardier and students everywhere!
Combine all ingredients over ice and stir. Strain over a large ice cube in a rocks glass.
Wild Turkey 101 gives nice spice that helps balance the bitterness of the Ramazzotti and sweetness of the Doubonnet. The orange bitters add a nice level of complexity. NOTE: Try filling balloons with water and freezing them to produce spheres/tear drops of ice...perfect for rocks glasses and very little dilution.
I'm currently in the middle of graduate school mid-term exams and was inspired by the history of the Boulevardier Cocktail; if the legacy of the classic American cocktail can survive Prohibition, I can survive these exams...and enjoy a tasty drink along the way!
|Created & posted by||egilmore on 04/14/2012|
- Curari Cocktail — Rye, Amaro, Ruby Port, Orange bitters
- Bitter Maestro — Rye, Applejack, Amaro, Aromatized wine, Grenadine
- Cheeky Sazerac — Rye, Aperol, Peychaud's Bitters, Simple syrup, Herbal liqueur
- The Director — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Amer Picon, Ginger Brandy
- Linden Square — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Aperol, Amaro, Bitters, Orange peel
- All Good Things — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Añejo rum, Peychaud's Bitters, Fernet Branca, Herbal liqueur
- Two Birds — Rye, Aperol, Sweet vermouth, Crème de Cacao, Bitters
- Patent Pending — Rye, Amaro, Sweet vermouth, Bitters
- Liberal — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Amer Picon, Orange bitters
- Brown, Bitter, and Tiki — Demerara Rum, Jamaican rum, Sweet vermouth, Campari, Bitters, Herbal liqueur