The Hard Sell
Making malört mysterious and delicious
Shake, strain into cocktail glass. Squeeze grapefruit peel to release essences, but don't drop in drink.
For Chicago natives only I suppose... It's hard to find malort outside the city.
Created by Brad Bolt of Bar DeVille, Chicago as a reasonable way to drink malort. The bitter grapefruit notes of malort combine beautifully with the elderflower aromas and flavors to create what I think is one of the best St. Germain cocktails I've had, and it performed well in the 2009 Can Can Classic, a St. Germain sponsored cocktail competition.
|Created by||Brad Bolt|
|Posted by||maestro898 on 12/06/2013|
- Victor Victoria — Blanco tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Herbal liqueur, Lime juice, Orange bitters
- Corpse Reviver #5 — Blanco tequila, Absinthe, Lemon juice, Pineapple syrup, Aromatized wine, Lemon peel
- Songbird — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Lemon juice, Herbal liqueur
- Celery Sour — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Pastis, Fernet Branca, Bitters, Lemon peel, Lemon juice
- The Haigh — Light rum, Curaçao, Maraschino Liqueur, Bitters, Pineapple juice, Lime juice
- Rita Hayworth (juice variation) — Blanco tequila, Lime juice, Pineapple juice, Agave syrup, Honey, Sage
- The Monarch — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Lemon juice, Agave syrup, Mint
- Elderflower Iced Tea — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Lemon juice
- Pieces of Eight — Puerto Rican Rum, Crushed ice, Passion fruit syrup, Lemon juice, Lime juice
- In a Pickle — Gin, Falernum, Elderflower liqueur, Lime juice, Dill, Cucumber