A tiki drink that may leave you in a fog.
Add all ingredients, except sherry, to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake hard and strain into a highball or Tiki glass filled with ice. Float the sweet sherry on top.
There are a lot of variations of this drink. While sherry is traditional, a cherry brandy (such as Cherry Herring) float, is a popular variation. Some versions sub equal parts lemon and lime for lemon. Some swap out the brandy for Pisco. Some swap the light rum for gold rum.
|Created by||"Trader" Vic Bergeron|
|Reference||Beachbum Berry Remixed, pg. 48|
|Posted by||jerryc123 on 07/02/2010|
- Bolero Cocktail — Dark rum, Brandy, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Orange juice
- Tree Viper — Gold rum, Demerara Rum, Blue Curaçao, Lime juice, Herbal liqueur, Orgeat, Orange juice
- Scorpion — Light rum, Brandy, Overproof rum, Orange juice, Lemon juice, Orgeat, Orange
- Corpse Reviver variation #8 — Bourbon, Orange Curaçao, Lemon juice, Aromatized wine, Lemon peel
- Boston Apothecary — Rye, Kirschwasser, Peychaud's Bitters, Lemon juice, Sugar
- Bangarang — Calvados, Kirschwasser, Triple sec, Lemon juice, Demerara syrup, Bing Cherry
- Blackcurrant Knickerbocker — Demerara Rum, Triple sec, Cassis, Lemon juice, Blackcurrant preserves
- Blue Derby — Reposado Tequila, Grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Honey syrup
- Derby — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Curaçao, Lime juice, Lime, Mint
- Satsuma Margarita — Tequila, Triple sec, Lime juice, Satsuma juice, Agave syrup