Vodka, Anisette, Whiskey, Star anise
Stir 15 seconds, julep strain, straight up, cocktail glass, garnish with floating star anise.
"A spicy and smoky drink that would work well at a fall or winter get-together"
"This drink was designed for the Marie Brizard 2008 Cocktail Competition just as I was working on new drinks for the fall. I liked the strong Anise flavor I got from Sobieski vodka and highlighted it with the Anisette, which also highlighted the sweetness from the rye in the vodka. To complement it all, I added just a touch of smoke from Laphroaig and left it at that. The drink is nice and simple with great flavors that are normally challenging in cocktails (anise and smoke)." -- H Joseph Ehrmann
|Created by||H. Joseph Ehrmann, Elixir, San Francisco, CA|
|Reference||http://www.grouprecipes.com/78064/spicy-smoky-anise-martini-cocktail.html, correspondence from creator to Kindred Cocktails|
|Posted by||mokidugway on 03/26/2011|
From other users
1/4 oz. whiskey
- A Simple Quandary — Aquavit, Gin, Bénédictine, Sweet vermouth, Orange bitters
- Orangerie — Aquavit, Triple sec, Aromatized wine, Orange peel
- Great Dane — Aquavit, Aromatized wine, Unicum Plum, Grapefruit peel
- Gasper Cocktail — Gin, Absinthe, Simple syrup
- Diamonds on My Windshield — Aquavit, Dry vermouth, Elderflower liqueur, Orange bitters, Thyme
- Veronitini — Aquavit, Cherry Liqueur, Dry vermouth, Absinthe
- Sea King — Aquavit, Bianco Vermouth, Swedish bitters, Lemon peel