Singapore Punch (Shelter)
Gin, Aperol, Cherry Liqueur, Bénédictine, Soda water, Lime juice
Shake, strain over ice and soda in a Collins, garnish with a cherry and orange flag.
My take on the Singapore/Raffles Sling, staying somewhat true to the (probable) original recipe of gin/cherry/Bénédictine/lime/water while introducing the fruitiness and effervescence that guests expect from the drink (and keeping the pour cost down via reduced Benny/Heering). Taking its cue from the Eclipse's Heering/Aperol combo, this is still not one of my favorite drinks--I think it could benefit from a barrel-aged bass note or a bright top one--but it's flavorful, approachable, refreshing, and not the slop of syrups and juices that most Singapores are. Most importantly from a service point of view, it's the right color.
|Created by||Rafa García Febles, Shelter, Brooklyn, NY.|
|Posted by||DrunkLab on 08/25/2014|
- Mentirosa — Blanco tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Rhubarb bitters, Soda water, Lime juice, Kiwi syrup, Herbal liqueur, Mint
- Cucumber Lime Swizzle — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Soda water, Lime juice, Aromatized wine, Simple syrup, Cucumber
- Gin-Gin Mule — Gin, Ginger liqueur, Seltzer water, Lime juice, Orange bitters, Mint
- Kiss of the Spider Woman — Old Tom Gin, Cherry Liqueur, Aperol, Lime juice, Soda water, Solbeso, Pineapple syrup
- Straits Sling — Gin, Bénédictine, Dry sherry, Bitters, Soda water, Lemon juice, Orange bitters
- Nimble Penny — Gin, Kummel, Celery bitters, Soda water, Lemon juice, Lime juice, Demerara syrup, Lemon peel
- The Lady Gin Fizz — Gin, Aperol, Bitters, Soda water, Grapefruit juice, Simple syrup, Rose Geranium Liqueur, Egg white
- Mid-Morning Fizz — Gin, Lemon juice, Club soda, Egg white, Simple syrup, Herbal liqueur, Orange flower water
- Silver Gin Fizz — Gin, Egg white, Lemon juice, Soda water, Sugar
- Nice (by Way of Antibes) — Gin, Bénédictine, Sparkling water, Grapefruit juice, Lime peel