|1 1⁄2||oz||Gin, Plymouth|
|1⁄2||oz||Cherry Liqueur, Cherry Heering|
Shake, strain over ice and soda in a Collins, garnish with a cherry and orange flag.
My take on the Singapore/Raffles Sling, staying somewhat true to the (probable) original recipe of gin/cherry/Bénédictine/lime/water while introducing the fruitiness and effervescence that guests expect from the drink (and keeping the pour cost down via reduced Benny/Heering). Taking its cue from the Eclipse's Heering/Aperol combo, this is still not one of my favorite drinks--I think it could benefit from a barrel-aged bass note or a bright top one--but it's flavorful, approachable, refreshing, and not the slop of syrups and juices that most Singapores are. Most importantly from a service point of view, it's the right color.
- Cucumber Lime Swizzle — Gin, Aromatized wine, Elderflower liqueur, Lime juice, Soda water, Simple syrup, Cucumber
- Straits Sling — Gin, Bénédictine, Dry sherry, Bitters, Orange bitters, Soda water, Lemon juice
- Nimble Penny — Gin, Kummel, Celery bitters, Soda water, Lemon juice, Lime juice, Demerara syrup, Lemon peel
- Sage Advice — Gin, Aromatized wine, Aperol, Peychaud's Bitters, Soda water, Plain shrub, Lemon juice, Sage
- 131 — Gin, Herbal liqueur, Peychaud's Bitters, Tonic water, Club soda, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Mint
- Nice (by Way of Antibes) — Gin, Bénédictine, Sparkling water, Grapefruit juice, Lime peel
- Silver Gin Fizz — Gin, Egg white, Lemon juice, Soda water, Sugar
- Sumo Cucumber Collins — Gin, Club soda, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Cucumber, Mint
- Shaw Blvd Fizz — Gin, Ginger beer, Egg white, Lemon juice, Honey syrup, Grapefruit juice, Grapefruit peel
- Spider — Gin, Acqua di Cedro, Absinthe, Mace tincture, Soda water, Lemon juice, Lemon cordial, Nutmeg