The rare gin-based Tiki drink.
|1⁄2||oz||Passion fruit syrup|
Blend with a cup of ice until smooth. Pour unstrained into a Pilsner glass or other tall glass.
I've found that a softer gin works well when shaking rather than blending. The orgeat can result in an unpleasantly musky nose in this drink if shaken; to avoid, omit the syrup or blend with lots of ice as in the original instructions.
Won 1967's IBA World Cocktail Championship
- Royal Pearl — Old Tom Gin, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Orgeat
- Tom Bomb — Old Tom Gin, Pineapple juice, Lemon juice, Honey syrup, Donn's Spices #2, Orgeat
- Archipelago Swizzle — Genever, Falernum, Bitters, Lemon juice, Vanilla syrup, Mint
- The Verdure — Gin, Herbal liqueur, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Blue Steel — Old Tom Gin, Herbal liqueur, Pineapple juice, Lemon juice, Cinnamon syrup
- The Winchester — Gin, Old Tom Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Bitters, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice, Grenadine, Ginger syrup
- Songbird — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Herbal liqueur, Lemon juice
- Aske Not — Gin, Peychaud's Bitters, Orange bitters, Pineapple, Maple syrup
- Juniper Flip — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Grapefruit juice, Wild hibiscus syrup, Whole egg
- 3G — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Ginger liqueur, Absinthe