The rare gin-based Tiki drink.
Blend with a cup of ice until smooth. Pour unstrained into a Pilsner glass or other tall glass.
I've found that a softer gin works well when shaking rather than blending. The orgeat can result in an unpleasantly musky nose in this drink if shaken; to avoid, omit the syrup or blend with lots of ice as in the original instructions.
Won 1967's IBA World Cocktail Championship
|Created by||J. "Popo" Galsini, 1967.|
|Reference||Jeff Berry, Beachbum Berry's Taboo Table, p. 87.|
|Posted by||DrunkLab on 03/03/2013|
- Royal Pearl — Old Tom Gin, Pineapple juice, Lime juice, Orgeat
- Blue Steel — Old Tom Gin, Pineapple juice, Lemon juice, Herbal liqueur, Cinnamon syrup
- Pisco Apricot Tropical (Update) — Pisco, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Lemon juice, Pineapple syrup
- World's Greatest Hotel Nacional — Light rum, Dry apricot brandy, Bitters, Pineapple juice, Cane syrup, Lime juice
- The Winchester — Gin, Old Tom Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Bitters, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice, Grenadine, Ginger syrup
- Saint Pisco — Pisco, Elderflower liqueur, Passion fruit juice, Demerara syrup, Lime juice, Egg white
- Aske Not — Gin, Peychaud's Bitters, Pineapple, Maple syrup, Orange bitters
- The 'Cue — Overproof rum, Absinthe, Pineapple syrup, Lime juice, Yuzu juice, Hot sauce, Lime
- 3G — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Ginger liqueur, Absinthe
- The Mary Pickford — Light rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Pineapple juice, Cherry, Grenadine