Light rum, Orange liqueur, Lime juice, Ruby Port
Shake, strain, chilled coupe
Wondrich recommends Fonseca Bin 27 as the port in this recipe. It has a bright, fruity taste.
The Saint Valentine was created by David Wondrich who is known for his historical take on drinks in books such as Imbibe!. On his Esquire blog, Wondrich shares a recipe for Saint Valentine and suggests using a 'full-flavored white rum such as 10 Cane or Flor de Caña.' Another excellent option for rum is Plantation 3 Stars.
- The S.O.S. — Light rum, Aperol, Lime juice, Maple syrup, Club soda
- Daiquiri (Sweeter) — Light rum, Simple syrup, Lime juice
- Hemingway Mocquiri — Light rum, Campari, Maraschino Liqueur, Overproof rum, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- The Elena — Blanco tequila, Mezcal, Triple sec, Kirschwasser, Bitters, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Corn Whiskey
- Medicine Man — Light rum, Lemon juice, Maple syrup, Sage, Smoked Paprika
- The Culebra Cocktail — Light rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Sweet vermouth, Pomegranate Liqueur, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Salt of the Earth — Blanco tequila, Triple sec, Lime juice, Agave syrup
- Pêcher du Soleil — Light rum, Ginger liqueur, Lime juice, White Peach Shrub, Crème de Pêche de Vigne, Lemon Tree Bitters
- Hemingway Daiquiri — Light rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Grapefruit juice, Lime
- Tart Cherry Cocktail (Rum) — Light rum, Orange liqueur, Cherry juice, Lime juice, Lime