|1 1⁄2||oz||Light rum|
Shake, strain, chilled coupe
Wondrich recommends Fonseca Bin 27 as the port in this recipe. It has a bright, fruity taste.
The Saint Valentine was created by David Wondrich who is known for his historical take on drinks in books such as Imbibe!. On his Esquire blog, Wondrich shares a recipe for Saint Valentine and suggests using a 'full-flavored white rum such as 10 Cane or Flor de Caña.' Another excellent option for rum is Plantation 3 Stars.
- Illuminations — Reposado Tequila, Sherry, Lemon juice, Egg white, Maple syrup, Orange peel
- Daiquiri (Sweeter) — Light rum, Simple syrup, Lime juice
- The S.O.S. — Light rum, Aperol, Lime juice, Maple syrup, Club soda
- Salt of the Earth — Blanco tequila, Triple sec, Lime juice, Agave syrup
- The Mediation — Pisco, Limoncello, Cognac, Bitters, Lime juice, Egg white
- Papa Doble — Light rum, Maraschino Liqueur, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Grapefruit juice
- Apple Sidecar (Clear Creek) — Vodka, Apple brandy, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Tangerine juice, Tangerine peel
- Penicillina — Tequila, Mezcal, Lime juice, Agave syrup, Ginger
- Smoked Margarita — Reposado Tequila, Orange liqueur, Whiskey, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Lime juice, Salt
- Tijuana Trick — Reposado Tequila, Elderflower liqueur, Egg white, Lime juice, Orange juice, Simple syrup