Sage and Chartreuse Smash
Sage and chartreuse and not much else!
Muddle all but the alcohol in an old fashioned glass. Add crushed ice, add alcohol, top up with more crushed ice and garnish with a second sage leaf.
Variation of Bon Appetit's chartreuse smash. I see no need for the gin, just double the chartreuse! I cut their honey down a bit (In fact, as I was in the middle of a move, I just used the maple syrup I had on hand and it was fine. Simple syrup would probably be enough).
|Created by||Variation of http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/chartreuse-smash|
|Posted by||famico on 06/04/2014|
- Duplex (Punt e Mes and Lillet) — Sweet vermouth, Aromatized wine, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- Blood, Smoke and Sand — Sweet vermouth, Cherry Liqueur, Orange juice, Sotol
- The FVD — Bourbon, Sweet vermouth, Orange liqueur, Bitters, Bermuda rum
- Bijou — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Maraschino cherry, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters
- Bloody Yeoman — Sweet vermouth, Gin, Dry vermouth, Cherry Liqueur, Orange juice
- Jupiter's Acorn — Rum, Walnut Liqueur, Bénédictine, Sweet vermouth, Bitters, Whole egg
- Wounded Swede — Oude genever, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Cherry Liqueur, Herbal liqueur, Orange peel
- Blood & Famine — Sweet vermouth, Cherry Liqueur, Irish whiskey, Orange juice
- Carbin #4 — Sweet vermouth, Rye, Peychaud's Bitters, Seltzer water, Aromatized wine, Orange bitters
- Colonial Cooler — Gin, Sweet vermouth, Orange Curaçao, Amer Picon, Bitters, Club soda, Mint, Pineapple