Ramos Gin Fizz
Old Tom Gin, Cream, Egg white, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Soda water, Lime juice, Orange flower water, Vanilla extract, Orange bitters
Shake all ingredients except the soda water WITHOUT ICE very vigorously for at least one minute, preferably longer -- the longer the better. Then add ice and shake for 1-2 minutes, as long as you can manage, until extremely cold and frothy. Strain into a tall thin glass (no ice), or a very large old fashioned glass, and top with soda water. Stir gently.
First appears in print in Kappeler's Modern American Drinks (1895) as the "New Orleans Fizz", using juice of half a lemon, 1/2 tablespoon fine sugar, 1 jigger (2 oz) Old Tom gin, 1/2 jigger milk or cream, and soda water. This recipe follows "New Orleans DRINKS and how to mix 'em" by Stanley Clisby Arthur, 1937.
From other users
Powered egg white, cognac, violette
- Earl Grey MarTEAni — Gin, Egg white, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Sureau Fizz — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Heavy cream, Soda water, Egg white, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Orange flower water, Orange peel
- Eagle's Dream (Robert Hess) — Gin, Crème de Violette, Egg white, Lemon juice, Sugar
- Boca Arriba — Blanco tequila, Lager, Falernum, Coconut milk, Lime juice, Hot sauce, Egg white, Tamarind syrup
- Jacqueline — Gin, Crème Yvette, Egg white, Lemon juice, Syrup of roses, Cucumber
- No Moon At All — Gin, Chambord, Crème de Violette, Crème de Cacao, Egg white, Lemon juice
- Pink Lady — Gin, Apple brandy, Egg white, Grenadine, Lemon juice
- White Lady (Esquire) — Gin, Triple sec, Egg white, Lemon juice
- Blue Moon — Gin, Crème de Violette, Egg white, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- In-Flight-Cookie — Gin, Ginger liqueur, Cardamom bitters, Half-and-half, Speculoos, Aztec Chocolate bitters, Nutmeg, Maple syrup