A twist on a long lost holiday libation
|1||t||Allspice Dram, St Elizabeth|
|1⁄4||oz||Cinnamon syrup (homemade, see note)|
|3||dr||Cherry Bark Vanilla Bitters, Bittercube|
|2||dr||Cardamom bitters, Scrappy's|
|1||sli||Lemon peel (Flamed)|
Combine liquors, juice, dram, syrup and bitters in an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Shake, and strain into a chilled lowball glass filled with a king cube; rim the glass with a flamed lemon peel and drop in to garnish.
*HOMEMADE CINNAMON SYRUP 1 cup sugar 4 sticks cinnamon, broken in half ½ vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped INSTRUCTIONS Bring sugar, cinnamon, vanilla bean and seeds, and 1 cup water to a boil in a 2-qt. saucepan. Cook briefly to dissolve sugar. Cool; strain. Refrigerate up to 3 months.
A "Poinsettia Punch" is a winter punch that's traditionally based on gin or champagne that is reddish in color. This version has a wonderful depth and complexity of wintertime flavors that run from herbal to spicy, sweet to sour. It's sure to warm any Christmas tummy.
From other users
- Gin- christmas, bitter
- Cucumber Lavender Sour Punch — Gin, Crème Yvette, Ginger liqueur, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Cucumber, Lavender Tea
- K.C.B. — Gin, Apricot liqueur, Kirschwasser, Orange bitters, Lemon
- Fig Bee's Knees — Gin, Bitters, Honey syrup, Lime juice
- Juliet & Romeo — Gin, Bitters, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Mint, Rose water, Cucumber, Salt
- Stop Signal — Gin, Herbal liqueur, Sloe gin, Bitters, Lemon juice
- Annie Chambers — Gin, Blood Orange Liqueur, Grenadine, Lime juice
- Foggy Notion — Gin, Triple sec, Sherry vinegar, Simple syrup, Lime juice
- The Perfect Pear — Gin, Pear eau de vie, Orange juice, Lime juice, Simple syrup
- Aggravation — Gin, Cassis, Maraschino Liqueur, Lemon juice
- Liquido Asado De Codero — Gin, Licor 43, Simple syrup, Lemon juice