Poinsettia Punch (JMW's)
A twist on a long lost holiday libation
Combine liquors, juice, dram, syrup and bitters in an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Shake, and strain into a chilled lowball glass filled with a king cube; rim the glass with a flamed lemon peel and drop in to garnish.
*HOMEMADE CINNAMON SYRUP 1 cup sugar 4 sticks cinnamon, broken in half ½ vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped INSTRUCTIONS Bring sugar, cinnamon, vanilla bean and seeds, and 1 cup water to a boil in a 2-qt. saucepan. Cook briefly to dissolve sugar. Cool; strain. Refrigerate up to 3 months.
A "Poinsettia Punch" is a winter punch that's traditionally based on gin or champagne that is reddish in color. This version has a wonderful depth and complexity of wintertime flavors that run from herbal to spicy, sweet to sour. It's sure to warm any Christmas tummy.
|Created by||Jason Westplate|
|Posted by||Cocktailian on 04/14/2013|
- Cucumber Lavender Sour Punch — Gin, Crème Yvette, Ginger liqueur, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Cucumber, Lavender Tea
- Juliet & Romeo — Gin, Bitters, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Mint, Cucumber, Rose water, Salt
- Juniperotivo — Gin, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Pomegranate molasses, Mint
- The Fool Moon — Gin, Crème Yvette, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Mint
- Bella Luna — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Crème Yvette, Lemon juice, Simple syrup
- French Pearl — Gin, Absinthe, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Mint
- The Departure — Gin, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Herbal liqueur, Orange flower water
- Pear Pink Lady — Gin, Pear eau de vie, Egg white, Grenadine, Lemon juice
- Kachumber Kooler — Gin, Simple syrup, Lime juice, Cucumber, Cilantro, Green chile
- The Fleet Street — Gin, Bitters, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters, Lemon peel