Gin, Dry vermouth, Bénédictine, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
Stir with ice in a mixing glass and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon twist.
I first tried this cocktail at the Varnish in Los Angeles. Nice and clean with that spicy, herbal influence from the Benedictine.
There are two versions of the Poet's Dream floating around the other calls for equal parts gin, vermouth, and Bénédictine. This modification is from a 1934 English drink book, the kind that rounds up recipes from everybody else's books and prints them without credit.
|Posted by||grahambj on 07/24/2012|
- Fluent French — Gin, Dry vermouth, Celery bitters, Lavender Liqueur
- The Eyrie — Gin, Dry vermouth, Eau de Vie of Douglas Fir, Grapefruit bitters, Herbal liqueur, Grapefruit peel
- Jupiter Cocktail — Gin, Dry vermouth, Parfait Amour, Orange juice
- White Light — Gin, Dry vermouth, Bianco Vermouth, Aromatized wine, Orange bitters
- Darkside — Gin, Chinato, Peychaud's Bitters
- Merry Widow — Gin, Dry vermouth, Bénédictine, Bitters, Absinthe, Lemon peel
- The Pale Rider — Gin, Bianco Vermouth, Fino sherry, Bitters, Absinthe, Herbal liqueur, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- Freeside — Gin, Bianco Vermouth, Caramelized Ramp Bitters, Cucumber, Lemon peel, Dill
- King's Elixir — Gin, Bianco Vermouth, Celery bitters, Goldwasser, Lemon peel
- Atty — Gin, Dry vermouth, Crème de Violette, Absinthe, Orange bitters