|2||oz||Irish whiskey, Jameson|
|1||twst||Lemon peel (as garnish)|
In a pint glass muddle sugar and bitters. Add remaining ingredients, ice then shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon twist.
My take on The Laphroaig Project. This version is more approachable for those who may be less experienced with the complexity (yet fantastic drink mind you) of that beverage.
From other users
- A nice herbal whiskey sour. Better to use lemon juice as the muddled lemon looses a lot of the volume in the tin. Try 1/2 oz lemon, plus some expressed peel.
- Hotel D'Alsace — Irish whiskey, Bénédictine, Triple sec, Rosemary
- Red Hood — Irish whiskey, Sweet vermouth, Fernet Branca, Lemon juice, Marionberry preserves
- Aul Man — Irish whiskey, Bitter Truth EXR, Lime juice, Honey Ginger Syrup, Lime peel, Candied ginger
- Irish Rose — Irish whiskey, Aperol, Lemon juice, Simple syrup, Rose water, Lemon peel
- Duneden — Irish whiskey, Sweet vermouth, Parfait Amour, Absinthe, Orange bitters, Lemon peel
- Storyville — Brandy, Mezcal, Herbal liqueur, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Renegade — Bourbon, Mezcal, Herbal liqueur, Bitters, Orange bitters
- Five Points Sour — Irish whiskey, Port, Lemon juice, Cinnamon syrup
- The Bellwether — Japanese Whisky, Islay Scotch, Crème de mure, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- 'Kinch — Irish whiskey, Lime juice, Honey Ginger Syrup, Cayenne pepper