One half summer, one half Xmas
Mix and shake. Serve on the rocks in a martini bowl or lowball glass. Twist of lemon.
Rich, redolent cocktail that, though highly accessible, hints at exotic depths of spice. (Lime juice also works very well.) KC has made me aware of the Metamorphosis (served at the Eastern Standard in Boston), which uses honey syrup instead of the simple syrup used in this recipe. I've tried both (several different kinds of honey even), and this recipe is superior. The honey just muddies the complex spice profile of the Becherovka.
Something I whipped up to make use of the Becherovka my wife had in the freezer.
|Created & posted by||powersjq on 11/21/2012|
- Metamorphosis — Becherovka, Honey syrup, Lemon juice, Lemon zest
- Fears and Failures — Becherovka, Walnut Liqueur, Lemon juice, Honey syrup
- Bech & Gall — Galliano, Becherovka, Bourbon, Lemon juice, Demerara syrup
- Czechers in Paradise — Dark rum, Becherovka, Licor 43, Lime juice
- Monte Cassino — Rye, Bénédictine, Lemon juice, Herbal liqueur, Lemon peel
- Fifth Stage — Absinthe, Lime juice, Pineapple juice, Orgeat, Cucumber
- Frisco Sour — Rye, Bénédictine, Lemon juice