Vodka, Bitters, Egg white, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Cilantro
Place 3 sprigs of cilantro in a mixing glass and press with muddler to release oils. Add remainder of ingredients and dry shake vigorously for 15 seconds to emulsify egg white. Add ice and shake again for five seconds to chill. Fine strain into a chilled coupe glass and drip three drops of bitters in a row. Pull a martini pick through drops to make three hearts.
To make cilantro syrup: Add one bunch of cilantro to 1qt/1qt ratio of sugar and boiling water. Dissolve sugar, strain out solids, cool to room temperature and store in refrigerator for three days. A fresh and silky textured citrus and cilantro cocktail. Egg white can be omitted and bitters added to the shake for and equally tasty cocktail.
|Created & posted by||Kevin Collins on 10/11/2013|
From other users
celery bitters were a nice addition. will try again with 2 oz vodka and 3/4 oz syrup
If you like cilantro and a clean and refreshing cocktail, then this is for you. Goes well with oysters and seafood.
- The Riviera — Gin, Egg white, Simple syrup, Lemon juice, Orange bitters, Mint
- Gin Sour — Gin, Bitters, Egg white, Simple syrup, Lime juice
- White Lady (Esquire) — Gin, Triple sec, Egg white, Lemon juice
- Vanishing Act — Gin, Crème de Violette, Lemon juice, Egg white, Honey syrup, Bitters
- Pisco Sour — Pisco, Bitters, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Egg white
- Juliet & Romeo — Gin, Bitters, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Mint, Cucumber, Rose water, Salt
- Blue Moon — Gin, Crème de Violette, Egg white, Lemon juice, Lemon peel
- Mademoiselle — Gin, Elderflower liqueur, Egg white, Lemon juice
- Pusherman — Blanco tequila, Bitters, Egg white, Lemon juice, Pineapple juice, Demerara syrup, Herbal liqueur, Club soda
- Sweet Moonlight — Old Tom Gin, Cassis, Crème de Violette, Crème de Cacao, Egg white, Lemon juice