|1⁄2||oz||Blood Orange Juice (Moro)|
|1⁄2||oz||Orange liqueur, Clément Créole Shrubb|
|1||spg||Mint (as garnish)|
Shake, strain, rock, slapped mint sprig garnish.
'Lion' is an old-fashioned term for a sour sweetened by both a liqueur and a syrup or nectar. This one complements the red berry notes of blood orange juice with sweet-tart raspberry syrup. Cara Cara orange juice, also with raspberry undertones, would make for a similar if lighter drink.
- Rake & Consort — Rye, Blended Scotch, Orange cordial, Lemon juice, Luxardo Bitter, Orange peel
- Haberdasher — Rye, Walnut Liqueur, Honey syrup, Lemon juice, Grapefruit juice
- Two-Way Street — Rye, Orange liqueur, Grapefruit juice, Amaro Nardini, Orange peel
- the Nevins — Bourbon, Apricot liqueur, Bitters, Orange juice, Lemon juice
- Oriental — Rye, Triple sec, Sweet vermouth, Lime juice
- Western Sour — Bourbon, Falernum, White grapefruit juice, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Lime
- Brown Derby — Bourbon, Grapefruit juice, Honey syrup
- Sidecar — Cognac, Triple sec, Lemon juice, Orange peel
- Pearl Handle Gun — Rye, Allspice Dram, Absinthe, Lemon juice, Hibiscus cordial, Grapefruit juice
- Pony Express — Rye, White tea liqueur, Lemon juice, Grade B maple syrup, Lemon peel