Ice. Stir. drink.
Amazing cocktail. one of my favorites to make at home. You'd be surprised how balanced and easy to drink this is being composed of such strong ingredients.
I found the basis for the recipe on the sfgate link, but added chocolate bitters. Also, their original name was terrible.
From other users
- Subtle flavors. I was concerned that the ratios would make the Chartreuse overwhelm the mescal, but the tastes are well balanced. On borderline of 4 stars
- So-so. Tequila with smoke and an herbal kick. Seems to be missing something. Maybe it was my mood.
- Very tasty and balance. Slightly sweet, somewhat herbal, slightly smokey.
- Tender Knob — Cognac, Rye, Strega, Amaro Abano, Orgeat, Lemon peel, Orange peel
- Diamondback (Yellow) — Rye, Herbal liqueur, Applejack
- Historic Core Cocktail — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Herbal liqueur, Apple brandy, Bitters
- Monaco Friar — Scotch, Bénédictine, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Workers on the Tracks — Rye, Herbal liqueur, Curaçao, Orange peel
- American Praline — Rye, Bénédictine, Aperol, Bitters, Orgeat
- Statler & Waldorf — Cognac, Bénédictine, Maraschino Liqueur, Gunpowder Rum, Amer Picon, Orange peel
- Diamondback (Green) — Rye, Herbal liqueur, Apple brandy
- Bobby Burns — Scotch, Sweet vermouth, Bénédictine, Lemon peel
- Last Caress — Rye, Bénédictine, Maraschino Liqueur, Mezcal, Bitters, Lemon peel