Gun For Hire
Big, herbaceous, and slightly smokey sipper for a dark night.
Combine bourbon, Averna, Chartreuse, and bitters with ice and stir. Rinse glass with Ardbeg and discard. Strain stirred ingredients into glass.
The Ardbeg can also be added using a few drops from a dropper/dasher on the top of the drink in the glass. The intention is to give a slight smoke aroma without imparting much of the flavour. Be sure to use two heavy dashes of the bitters and a higher proof bourbon to keep the drink dry.
Named after the 1942 starring Veronica Lake and Alan Ladd. The drink itself is a variation on a Red Hook.
|Created by||Rhett Williams, Pourhouse, Vancouver, B.C., Canada.|
|Posted by||Rhett on 07/24/2013|
- Across The River — Bourbon, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Amaro, Bitters
- Against the Family — Rye, Amaro, Sweet vermouth, Orange peel
- Midnight in Manhattan — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Amaro, Bitters
- Fort Greene — Bourbon, Amaro, Islay Scotch
- Patent Pending — Rye, Amaro, Sweet vermouth, Bitters
- Nardini Mint Julep — Bourbon, Amaro, Simple syrup, Mint
- North Meadow — Whiskey, Amaro, Bitters, Orange bitters
- The Rebennack — Rye, Amaro, Orange liqueur
- Liberal — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Amer Picon, Orange bitters
- Jackson Ward — Rye, Amaro, Sweet vermouth, Wormwood bitters, Orange bitters, Lemon peel