Big, herbaceous, and slightly smokey sipper for a dark night.
|2||oz||Bourbon, Elijah Craig|
|2||ds||Bitters, Bitter Truth Aromatic|
|1||rinse||Islay Scotch, Ardbeg|
Combine bourbon, Averna, Chartreuse, and bitters with ice and stir. Rinse glass with Ardbeg and discard. Strain stirred ingredients into glass.
The Ardbeg can also be added using a few drops from a dropper/dasher on the top of the drink in the glass. The intention is to give a slight smoke aroma without imparting much of the flavour. Be sure to use two heavy dashes of the bitters and a higher proof bourbon to keep the drink dry.
Named after the 1942 starring Veronica Lake and Alan Ladd. The drink itself is a variation on a Red Hook.
From other users
- Smooth, even bourbon drink. Could substitute mezcal for islay scotch. Used Pure Kentucky 107. Try bourbon with less front end bite.
- Midnight in Manhattan — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Averna, Bitters
- Patent Pending — Rye, Meletti Amaro, Sweet vermouth, Bitters
- In Spades — Bourbon, Aveze, Galliano, Salers Gentiane
- The Bedminster — Rye, Amaro Nonino, Bénédictine, Peychaud's Bitters, Bitters, Lemon peel
- Lloyd 100 — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Bourbon, Absinthe, Allspice Dram
- The Rebennack — Rye, Averna, Orange liqueur
- The Lorelei — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Cinnamon Schnapps liqueur, Orange bitters
- Liberal — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Amer Picon, Orange bitters
- Coolidge — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Eau de vie of Douglas Fir
- Across The River — Bourbon, Bonal Gentiane Quina, Bitters, Gran Classico