A bright citrus summer cocktail balanced with the bitterness of Door County hops
|1 1⁄2||oz||Gin, Tanqueray Rangpur|
|1||oz||Gin, Death's Door|
|7||dr||Door County Hop Bitters, Bittercube|
|1||oz||Grapefruit juice (strained)|
|1 1⁄2||oz||Tonic water|
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add tangerine peel, grapefruit juice, gins and 5 dashes of Bittercube Door County Hop Bitters. Shake until well chilled, strain and then pour into chilled champagne flute. Top off with Tonic Water, float a tangerine wheel and add two final drops of the Bittercube Door County Hop Bitters to complete.
*cut your Tangerine wheels small enough to fit the mouth of a champagne flute
Ira Koplowitz from Bittercube asked me to work on a summer drink that utilizes their new Door County Hop Bitters. This cocktail combines the wonderful citrus notes that we've come to appreciate in combination with hoppy beers.
- Shaw Blvd Fizz — Gin, Ginger beer, Egg white, Lemon juice, Honey syrup, Grapefruit juice, Grapefruit peel
- The Osborn — Gin, Ginger beer, Lime juice, Simple syrup, Pineapple, Cucumber, Jalapeño
- Singapore Sling (Simple) — Gin, Cherry Liqueur, Bénédictine, Soda water, Lemon juice
- Ms. Fizz — Gin, Sambuca, Soda water, Cinnamon syrup, Lime juice
- Dan's Cynar Sour — Gin, Cynar, Soda water, Lemon juice, Cucumber
- Evidence — Gin, Aromatized wine, Ginger ale, Lemon juice