For All Of Us
Democratic yet old school
Stir the scotch, amaro, vermouth, and bitters over ice vigorously for at least 30 seconds. Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with lemon oil.
The evolution of this cocktail started with the My Own cocktail in Esquire's handbook for hosts. I think there is much to do with gin, vermouth, bitters, and liquor. I had just made a batch of Jamie Boudeau's approximation of the old Amer Picon so I wondered what My Own would taste like with my Amer in place of Cherry Heering. The result was pretty decent, but I kept thinking scotch for some reason. The result was somewhat similar to the Dagny Taggart that they serve at Seven Grand in LA.
|Created & posted by||kambel on 09/30/2011|
- Liberal — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Amer Picon, Orange bitters
- Devils Soul — Rye, Amaro, Mezcal, Elderflower liqueur, Aperol
- Midnight in Manhattan — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Amaro, Bitters
- The Scarecrow — Tequila, Aperol, Cinnamon syrup, Orange peel, Lemon, Orange
- Robin Wood — Scotch, Aperol, Madeira, Orange liqueur, Orange bitters
- Ask Again Later — Añejo tequila, Aperol, Cynar, Campari, Orange peel
- Linden Square — Rye, Sweet vermouth, Aperol, Amaro, Bitters, Orange peel
- Coup De Grâce — Tequila, Amaro, Mezcal, Cardamom bitters, Herbal liqueur, Lemon zest
- Black Scottish Cyclops — Scotch, Amaro, Bitters
- Curari Cocktail — Rye, Amaro, Ruby Port, Orange bitters